Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm paying $425 to get my Rocky Road lift kit /w shocks installed, aligned and a 500 mile re-torque for $425 tax included. The price does not include the kit.

Is that a fair price and what's the advantage of having a re-torque after 500 miles?

Thanks,
SF_JEEP

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just had the RR 2.25 lift installed on my Grand Cherokee (almost exact suspension to the Commander) here in Oklahoma I paid $175 for the install no parts bought the lift direct from Rocky Road.

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I paid $375 to have the Rusty's kit installed, but they didn't do an alignment on it, so the price that they're giving you is about right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid $325 to have the outside driveshaft boots replaced that I busted while putting the lift on myself and for the alignement. $425 to have it all done does not sound too bad to me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for you input. It seems that the owner of the shop is pretty honest. I will have to wait and see how the job went.

SF_JEEP

·
Registered
156 Posts
He broke his driveshaft boots.

Now, Im glad and definetly know why i need to be a little poorer. Im not putting that kit in myself , cause im that type that always screws something else up :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm mechanically challenged... what boots (CV or Driveshaft) are you talking about? More importantly how can you tell if the boots are broken? What are the symptoms?

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
SF_JEEP said:
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms are that you have grease all over the inside of your rim and the wheelwell. Pretty easy to spot:)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The Swiss said:
The symptoms are that you have grease all over the inside of your rim and the wheelwell. Pretty easy to spot:)
Swiss is correct. I had both of my CV boots ripped by the installer and when I went to get the wheels alligned, the mechanic shop pointed it out to me. It is very easy to spot. Grease everywhere on the inside of the rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts