Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a roof mounted dvd player between the second row two sunroofs (just like where the factory one is located). I ordered the 11inch one and it does not fit that space. I measured after I purchased and realize I only have 12.5 inches between the two windows. Just curious for those that have installed after-market dvd players which size did you get?

Now I am considering just getting three headrest with built in dvd or ones that just hang over the headrest.. but wasn't sure if you can wire three dvds together.

I was looking at the audiovox movie 2 go ones. It is fm transmission remote, not sure if this a good thing or a need one that is hardwired to the factory 2007 radio. I have leather interior if that matters at all.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think mine is a 9" screen, that leaves just a sliver of room between the skylight trim and the monitor housing. Knock on wood, I would recommend the TView model I installed; been very pleased with the results. Free headphones that came with it broke within two weeks, but that's probably partly my fault for forcing them on the two-year-old. Don't get the hang-on-your-seat ones- for the same price and an hour of installation you can have a permanent setup that won't get rocked every time someone climbs into/out of the second row.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts