Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not posted for awhile. After reading the post regarding the guages I thought I would post a few pictures of my new gauges and my new buddy that rides on my hood.

The gauges are mounted in a carbon fiber housing and they are a vacuum guage and a transmission tempature guage. A vacuum guage can improve your mileage if you use it as a reminder to keep your foot out of it. They are both digital and are lit either bright or dim the same as the other guages in the dash. I went with the digital because many of the other informational displays in the Commander are also digital.

Now, as for the guy on the hood. He does absolutely nothing except starting conversations. He is the mascot for my old jeep clup in Sacramento, "The Seirra Ridgeriders" I also have had one for a long time on my TJ. The only hard part about mounting him is drilling a hole in the hood of the Commander.

I am sure someone will not like it, but 'Hey, its a Jeep" that is also what I say when I am in some precarious offroad situation and someone asks me why I four wheel in a Commander.

Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
HueyPilotVN's pics

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeep5253, I need to learn how to do that someday. You guys are really on the ball.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great hood ornament.....i visit Surprise, AZ all the time, so if i see your commander i'll def. be able to recognize you and give you a shout out.......

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple of better pictures of the "Lost Dutchman"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I thought the lost dutchman was a 49er. Either way it is cool.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
testa23 said:
great hood ornament.....i visit Surprise, AZ all the time, so if i see your commander i'll def. be able to recognize you and give you a shout out.......
My group goes 4X4ing once a month, If you are ever in town your welcome to join us.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
4.7commander said:
cool. the look pretty good. i'm amazed no one has installed a gauge pod on the door pillar.
Actually, somebody here has -- I remember seeing the pics but I can't remember who it was.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I thought about it but at this time I have no needs for gauges... the fuel one is depressing enough. Love the touch with the hood ornament reminds me of my dad and his gold panning addiction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts