Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks good. I personally like the classic Jeep grill slats, The grill material would look good behind the grill slats. How much for the grill?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I ordered it from the States. Auto Truck Parts. It worked out at about £350 + £65 import tax!!! Looks the nuts though.

I'd only get one if your Commander is Black, otherwise you have to have the inner front panel painted as it is exposed with the new grill.

Where abouts are you based?? I got my Commander in March, the first one!!! - hence the name - and have only seen two others on the road!!!!

Have you done any other mods?

Cheers.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wouldn't it be awsome if someone would make the lettering "Commander" instead of Classic or Limited? Or maybe "Jeep"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi UK

My car is the exact same spec and colour as yours and was an ex-demo car registered on 1st. March.
I have an office in London and live in Warwickshire.
I've only ever seen one other Commander on the road and that was just briefly on the A40 in Carmarthen.
I have to say that apart the rather wallowy ride and the interior plastics I'm quite pleased with the car. MPG is pretty poot though even with mu super frugal wife driving it only does 24 and I get it below 20 on the way to London all the time.
At least it hasn't melted down like my last car (Discovery 3!!!)
No mods apart from a DAB tuner and my car kit but I ordered a Tun-It Module today. They claim extra 38 bhp and 50ib/ft of torque for 398 plus VAT.
Have a few plans though, definetely need to fill the arches more!! and some underbody protection as all my cars do get used off road. Need to find someone to supply a K&N filter for it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts