Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
like the title says, i tackled it yesterday and all went well, only issue i had was that i didnt order both harnesses for the steering wheel controls so thats in the mail ...though $140 to use the steering wheel controls is crazy, i find myself missing them already....also the camera doesnt leave much room to pull the door latch but its doable and not really a big deal and its worth it since the camera wa free and is dead centered for better judgement when backing up. and i did buy the ipod just for this install, i already had a sandisk sansa which i love but obviously not compatible with the deck and since the d-3 only has the 1 disc slot, i decided it was nessesary and nice to have 30 gigs at your finger tips instead of swapping discs..also did the hack to watch video while moving

From crutchfield
130AVICD3 Pioneer AVIC-D3 DVD Navigation Receiver
What's Included 1 0 899.99

120CHTO01 Metra CHTO-01 Chrysler CAN Amp Turn-on Interface
64.99 Half Price with avic d-3 purchase

120996510 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Kit 2005-u 2005-up, ..free

12040CR10 Chrysler Antenna Adapter Motor Motorola M to OEM antenna ... FREE

707VTL400 Boyo VTL400 Zinc Chrom License 2.8mm adjustable camera
FREE with avic d-3 purchase Reg $149.99

127SWIPS PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface

pac SWI-CAN $50 on ebay not installed yet

Navigation Bezel Slate Gray $103 from local dealer

30 gig iPOD $225

pioneer iPOD cable $30

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Very nice! Can you get some daytime pics especially of the camera camera? I'm now seriously thinking about doing a mod like this as I'm not fully satisfied with the REC unit and also want the camera feature.

BTW, I copied you on the V8 emblem.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Looks good.

Could you have ordered the PAC SWI interface from Crutchfield?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Just saved this info to my cart, going to order it after I close on my house on the 20th.

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the PAC SWI-CAN is to convert the remote signals from chryslers CAN system to analog outputs.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=118900&i=127SWICAN&tp=3405&avf=N

the PAC SWI-PS converts those analog outputs and send signals to pioneer/ sony stereo's that have a wired remote jack.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=118900&i=127SWIPS&tp=3405&avf=N

so both are required on chrysler vehicles, which is BS, they should have have made it into one unit.

jeep5253 said:
It lets you use your steering wheel controls on aftermarket radios that have wireless remote capability. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TlbfqGI0ymQ/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=127SWIX
DO NOT USE THE PAC SWI-X UNLESS YOUR AFTERMARKET STEREO DOES NOT AVE THE WIRED REMOTE INPUT, IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE AVIC-D3

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
can i interupt with a question.....the radio has a different antenna connect, is there a single adapter for that? I have an octopus now i had to use for my XM converter...has 5 different ends on 2 sides. Would rather have a straight adapter.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cico7 said:
can i interupt with a question.....the radio has a different antenna connect, is there a single adapter for that? I have an octopus now i had to use for my XM converter...has 5 different ends on 2 sides. Would rather have a straight adapter.
yea its in my parts list on the 1st page....its called a motorola anttenna adapter

·
Registered
4 Posts
D2

Hey I have a 2008 Commander. The dash surrounding the radio is different than the 07 and 06. Went to jeeps website all they have is pics of 07 interior saying it is 08......ITS NOT!!!!!! I cant find where anyone has tryed the install on an 08 so I guess I will be the first........

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts
durrettcustoms said:
Hey I have a 2008 Commander. The dash surrounding the radio is different than the 07 and 06. Went to jeeps website all they have is pics of 07 interior saying it is 08......ITS NOT!!!!!! I cant find where anyone has tryed the install on an 08 so I guess I will be the first........
Go for it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
i see you put a license plate camera on. I have the D3 and had a back up camera license plate installed but it was hard to grab the handle to open the rear gate. so I ended up taking it off. Do you have the same issue?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
donutz said:
i see you put a license plate camera on. I have the D3 and had a back up camera license plate installed but it was hard to grab the handle to open the rear gate. so I ended up taking it off. Do you have the same issue?
yea i have the same issue, but its not a big deal to me, i still have enough room to get my fingers in there..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts