Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PANASONIC 9" FLIP DOWN W/ DVD

INSTALL WAS A PAIN, AND PERMANENT, SINCE THERE IS A GIANT HOLE IN MY HEADLINER, BUT IN THE END IT LOOKS SWEET AND THE 9" IS PLENTY BIG AND YOU CANT SEE IT IN THE REARVIEW SO ITS NOT A SAFTEY ISSUE LIKE THE 13" I WAS GONNA GET. I ALSO RAN 2 SETS OF RCA'S TO MY AVIC-D3, SO I CAN WATCH WHATS PLAYING UP FRONT ON IT AND VICE VERSA.

FOR THE NEW AMP AND SUB, ITS A 2008 MODEL 12" KICKER SOLO-BARIC L7
AND A KICKER 750.1 RMS MONO AMP. UPGRADED FROM A "10 JL W3 AND A 400 RMS ALPINE AMP... BUILT THE BOX FROM SCRATCH, WENT WITH THE TWO TONE CARPET LIKE THE FACTORY KICKER BOXES AND MATCHED THE ANGLE OF THE BACK SEAT.. i HAV'NT TRIED IT BEHIND THE THIRD ROW YET, BUT I DONT THINK IT 'LL FIT.. I ALSO UPGRADED TH WIRING TO 4 GAUGE FROM 8 AND PUT A EXTRA GROUND WIRE FROM THE BATTERY TO THE BODY. THE COMBO IS INSANE COMPARED TO MY LAST SETUP AND WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

MY RADAR DETECTOR ISNT LIKE THAT ON PURPOSE..LOL IT FELL FROM THE HEAT

·
Registered
208 Posts
SWEET! I like how you ran the cables through the holes for the groceries. Very clean.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
It looks very clean. Good job.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Man...I wish I lived near you, I would pay you to do my work:)
Nice Job!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
FYI, If you have to pass through Virginia, make sure you take down your radar detector. They are illegal here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
cico7 said:
This is cool! Good work, how did you run the wires?
all amp wires are under door sills, through firewall, and grounded to third row seat bolts.

dvd wires are ran in front of sky lights, between air bags, down the middle pillar, then under door sill and up to deck.

I also had to run a amp remote wire since this amp came with remote, so i have a ton of wires under my door sill, but they manage to fit

·
Registered
3 Posts
I plan on running wires for a second amp to power my components, i was just wondering if you had any tips on panel removal and such. Also if anyone knows where to best mount the tweeters i would love some feedback.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dude - I have got to say that your posts always amaze me! That is one slick install - and I love the DVD player, the thing looks great!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Forget the install...I'm freaked out looking at whats on the that dvd screen...:)

Looks like someone in packing a stash of B list horror flicks:cool:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
JeepRig said:
Forget the install...I'm freaked out looking at whats on the that dvd screen...:)

Looks like someone in packing a stash of B list horror flicks:cool:
lol. its a slipknot video off the ipod..

RockinJLS said:
I plan on running wires for a second amp to power my components, i was just wondering if you had any tips on panel removal and such. Also if anyone knows where to best mount the tweeters i would love some feedback.
all the trim just pops off except the under dash panel which you unscrew,, its also helpful to remove some of the door weather stripping by the rear seat since it just pulls off

again thanks for all the compliments,

now if i can only get my 2 year old to use the infared head phones so i dont have to listen to Elmo and finding nemo through my system..lol

did i mention this sub is insane!!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ldc2335 said:
Any Body Know Where I Can Get A Replacement Vent For The Back, As You Can See In The Pic, One Is Missing, I Think It Fell Back Into The Hole, But I Cant Get In There
You probably won't be able to find the one fin... will have to replace the whole round assembly. You could find those at your dealership or online Mopar parts source.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you cut the headliner, what kind of mounting lugs were there? Was there a setup for a OEM to be installed? A OEM wiring harness already run?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
When you cut the headliner, what kind of mounting lugs were there? Was there a setup for a OEM to be installed? A OEM wiring harness already run?
I installed my own so I can tell you that there is nothing there, I had to purchase the mounting brackets and harness from the dealer. I do not remember the price butthe harness was around $100 and the bracket around $20 I think (receipts at home).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts