Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas...:icon_confused:

So...anyone else in this boat? We are planning on keeping it once the lease is up. The language in the lease appears vague on this...but if I keep it and "purchase" the jeep, do you guys think I'll still have to pay for the miles?

I would guess no...since I'm keeping it and they wouldn't have to worry about trying to sell a high mileage car.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The few people I know who kept their lease vehicles did not have to pay miles over the lease. But keep in mind, the lease buy out in your contract may be more than current market for used Commanders.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I read a lot on here about owners and their lease vehicles...it's not normal to lease cars over here....are the deals good over there? i.e low monthly payments, mileage limitations etc? Just curious.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "value" that I'll have to pay is just over 19K...lease is up next year. We have EVERY toy on our jeep...4x4 Overland. The only thing that was a possible upgrade that we don't have are the 18" rims. Those were only for the Overland when we bought it but they weren't available yet.

Anyway, minus a scrape on the left rear (kid's bike), it's still show room quality. So, I'm guessing 19K might be what you'd find on the lot.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
So the value is in line. That's good. I see your Overland is well equipped and you're happy with it. Makes sense to keep it. I don't think you'll have to pay miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
No, you shouldnt have to pay for the extra mileage, if you choose to keep the vehicle. The mileage charges only apply if you return the vehicle. But...make sure you read all the fine print and make sure they arent overbilling the remaining balance for some sort of crazy fees...dealers have been known to do this. And it might actually be better, to use a credit union if you are a member at one to finance the balance. (better rates etc...)

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I have a 27 month lease that is up in July. I am buying mine because I really like mine plus I am over mileage. You don't have to pay for the mileage overage. Like GP said you take the chance that your vehicle is worth less than the end of lease buy price. But with prices of used vehicles lately, it may be worth at least as much or more than the buy it price.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Leasing is just another way of financing. If you do a "buy back," you won't have to pay for the extra mileage. Since the "buy back" amount on your lease was done some time ago, it might not be indicative of the current market. I would try to offer the dealer less money than what is stated on the contract. All he can say is no, and it didn't cost anything to try. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts