Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fiends,

It's a while I'm not posting!

I just bought a 32 inches led bar and I was thinking to install it on the front bumper of my jeep but I'm really annoyied to drill holes in it...

Any suggestion about it? Best!!

F.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow the first one seems amazing!! For you I can fit it on my commander??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a nice alternative, but, I always get a little trigger-shy when I see "Universal".

Thanks a lot for all the information. Actually the universal one I don't like either cause I would have to drill holes anyway in order to secure it on the bumper.

The first one is amazing but I think won't fit commander... I really wanna find out something!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the bar of the wrangler are not fitting on the commander....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go to a welding shop and see how much it would cost to fabricate a couple of brackets.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to a welding shop and see how much it would cost to fabricate a couple of brackets.

The problem is where I can lock them.....I mean there is no space...

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
The problem is where I can lock them.....I mean there is no space...
You could always add a brush guard up front like mine - which doesn't require any drilling into the bumper.

Then you can mount the light bar to the brush guard.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could always add a brush guard up front like mine - which doesn't require any drilling into the bumper.

Then you can mount the light bar to the brush guard.

I was thinking to do it but i have 2 problems with it:

1) in Italy is illegal to have it on you vehicle;
2) i have the front parking sensor and the brush guard will cover it.....

But your jeep is really amazing!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think outside the box, I'm sure there a way.

Yep you are right, once i get my bar i can think better about some custom holder....

Anyway there is always the option to install in on my bumper using rivets (so the hole will be very small).

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
I was thinking to do it but i have 2 problems with it:

1) in Italy is illegal to have it on you vehicle;
2) i have the front parking sensor and the brush guard will cover it.....

But your jeep is really amazing!! Congrats!!!
From 1990-1992 I lived in Gaeta, Italy.

I wasn't aware of the law against brush guards.

Thanks for the compliment.

Hopefully, you'll figure something out.

Just to throw something out there - you could always mount your light on the roof - instead of the front bumper.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Hey I think I have a solution for you. I installed my 32 inch light bar directly under the bumper without having to drill any holes. I mounted it directly to the bottom radiator bolts. I bought a couple metal stud brackets I found at home depot and put the bolt through the metal stud bracket, with the other end of the stud bracket mounting to the light bar brackets. It fits perfectly and fills the space just right. Take a look

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Hey I think I have a solution for you. I installed my 32 inch light bar directly under the bumper without having to drill any holes. I mounted it directly to the bottom radiator bolts. I bought a couple metal stud brackets I found at home depot and put the bolt through the metal stud bracket, with the other end of the stud bracket mounting to the light bar brackets. It fits perfectly and fills the space just right. Take a look
That's definitely an original idea, looks good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you happen to have any write up pics or close up shots? Also is that a 32" bar that fits that opening? Thanks.

·
Banned
10 Posts
I can take some pics from under tomorrow if I remember but it's easier than you think. I bought the 32 inch curved light bar with wiring kit and switch for about $50 on Amazon.

Look under your car and find the 2 bottom radiator bolts that are about 30ish inches apart in that cavity below the bumper. Get 2 flat metal rectangle plates like 1 inch by 4 inches (found this at home depot near the stud hangers to reinforce two boards together and spray painted them black). Then unscrew the radiator bolts and make sure you have a hole in your plate drilled big enough for the bolt to through it and hold your plates to the frame. Now you have metal plates that you can use to directly mount your light bar mounts directly to. You will of course need to have two more holes drilled in that plate at the right distance apart to mount the lightbar but that's all there is to it.

Running the wiring through the firewall gromet was kind of annoying but a coat hanger is how I was able to get through it to mount the switch right into the cubby under the driver's left side dash.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can take some pics from under tomorrow if I remember but it's easier than you think. I bought the 32 inch curved light bar with wiring kit and switch for about $50 on Amazon.

Look under your car and find the 2 bottom radiator bolts that are about 30ish inches apart in that cavity below the bumper. Get 2 flat metal rectangle plates like 1 inch by 4 inches (found this at home depot near the stud hangers to reinforce two boards together and spray painted them black). Then unscrew the radiator bolts and make sure you have a hole in your plate drilled big enough for the bolt to through it and hold your plates to the frame. Now you have metal plates that you can use to directly mount your light bar mounts directly to. You will of course need to have two more holes drilled in that plate at the right distance apart to mount the lightbar but that's all there is to it.

Running the wiring through the firewall gromet was kind of annoying but a coat hanger is how I was able to get through it to mount the switch right into the cubby under the driver's left side dash.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot!! It's a great idea and looks good.

Please post closer picture so i can find similar plates and install it like yours!!!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally tonight I received my led bar. It's really huge!!! Since it's not curved but straight seems hard to mount it!! I honestly like it more on the bumper I'm front of the grille but I really have no idea about how to bolt it. Can I use rivets?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts