Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey thanks guys I'm glad you are happy with the mod.
Also I apologize for not answering the questions i haven't been on the forum much in a while.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I found with mine they skimp out on the silicone ( you will know what I'm talking about when you get yours) so I added a little more and they last forever. My first batch would get moisture in them and burn out fast

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip - they should be here middle of next week. I'll be sure to seal them up before installation.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
What an excellent mod!

BigBlue, would you happen to have a link to the LED's you purchased? The link above is no longer active and I'd like to buy a set of the lights and get them installed before it gets too cold.

Thanks - appreciate the great forum!

Bob
Here you go Bob:

https://www.amazon.com/Daytime-Running-Backup-Lights-Eagle/dp/B01F5CFPHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480634981&sr=8-1&keywords=12V+Car+Daytime+Running+Lamp+DRL+Backup+Lights+9W+LED+Eagle+Eye+White+Light+-+Pack+of+2

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
So these just wire up to the light circuit and no resistors needed?
That's correct, I spliced them in directly to the rear hatch light wiring, no resistors needed.

You will have to pull the interior panel off the rear hatch door though, that's the only way you have enough room to work.

I tried to just remove the panel half-way and splice the lights in, but, I just didn't have enough room to do the splicing or run the wiring where I wanted it to go and tie-wrap it in place, so, I had to pull the panel completely off.

Not that big of a deal, but, you have to be careful with the clips that hold it in place; they can/may be brittle and you really don't want to break any of them - I think I wound up breaking one of them and had to order a replacement clip.

You can read more about the install here - 4th post down;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/41-interior-appearance-modifications/50530-led-hatch-lights-2.html

21 - 25 of 25 Posts