Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently put in all new LED's for all my interior lights, only problem is all the map lights above the door and rear hatch stay on but are dime, floor lights on dome light all go off though. Any ideas whats causing them to stay on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted a different and brighter look to it. It looks great when they're on but after the doors are shut and your driving they stay lit but are just dimmer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Since LEDs require significantly less power than the OEM bulbs, the current flow even when off is great enough to light them up. You'll need to add a resistor to the circuit to dissipate the excess power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since LEDs require significantly less power than the OEM bulbs, the current flow even when off is great enough to light them up. You'll need to add a resistor to the circuit to dissipate the excess power.

How do I go about doing that? Has anyone else had this problem with putting LED's bulbs in? I've seen some other posts on here where people have changed theirs out but haven't said they've had problems. I thought maybe it was the type of bulb I'm using.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've definitely been having this problem for a couple years now. It really bothered me for the first few months, but I don't really care anymore, so I haven't bothered to fix it. consumedbywater is right, you just need to install a resistor in parallel i believe to one of the led's you installed, or i think keeping one bulb stock might solve the problem too, not sure.

But here's a fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbP-pt4aczs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced all of my interior lights with LED. They look great and I have no issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Core, if you don't mind me asking what brand of lights did you purchase? Looks great by the way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts