Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy just followed me into a parking lot and wanted to know if I was interested in a pair of aftermarket LED tail light housings. I looked them over and they are new in the box.

I can get them for $75. Is this a good deal?

He had a XK and before he could put them on it was totaled in a rear ender.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would think so since I just paid close to $70.00 for the third brake light and the dealer wanted $120 to install one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
jump on that!! they are 240 new!

·
Registered
389 Posts
They're found for $150 last I checked.. but yes, great deal and product. Jump on it!

·
Registered
321 Posts
They're found for $150 last I checked.. but yes, great deal and product. Jump on it!

Cheapest I just found was 175 lol. Prices definitely went down from when I bought mine!

·
Registered
953 Posts
They look great. Please keep us up to date on how they hold up. In the past, someone mentioned some of the LEDs burning out. I hope these are better. What is the brand?

Sent from under a rock with my SAMSUNG tricorder.

·
Registered
389 Posts
LED burnouts are very unlikely. If they happen, they do it relatively soon. I've had mine running over a year and a half strong. Just be careful not to wack up the polarity. That can give an illusion of burnout as it won't properly work.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have LED trailer lights mounted in my rear bumper, and I had several LEDs from one of them burn out after 2 or 3 years of use.

If you search the forum, you'll see what I was talking about.

I love the look of the full LED tail lights and wanted them, too, but I held off since I wasn't sure about the quality. I'm looking forward to hearing good reviews.

Sent from under a rock with my SAMSUNG tricorder.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd have to argue they were poor quality or a bad batch. My Commander has LEDs in every factory light socket, inside and out. Just today did I find my first failure - a cheap $5 interior light in the footwell, completely dead (not even an LED failure, but wiring failure as none of the LEDs were working on it). I will say the tail lights being multi-LED obviously increases the chance of a failure since there are so many, but it is still a small chance. I've only read of one member here having some fail, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm telling you - get them! They're not terribly expensive, and will make a world of difference in regards to visibility, safety, and looks. The company who made these did a great job. They removed the factory reflector housing to fit around the PCBs, did custom wiring including a control box with adhesive tape already added, and the factory sockets holes are still in place to seal with the connecting socket. I didn't notice until a few months ago when I was swapping the rear side markers with LEDs, but one of the sockets I never closed. The PCB was exposed for a year and a half, and still had no issue whatsoever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts