Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a pair new off eBay from a reputable seller that everyone here seems to use to buy the Eagle Eyes LED Tails for my 07 XK. I can't say enough how bright and great they look (I got the smoked tint ones).

I have had them in for a little over 2 weeks and noticed on the upper left hand (driver side) break light there is a cluster of 4 out!

I've read all of the posts on here about premature LED failure etc. I was wondering has anyone else had this happen to them? At what point? Did they replace?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have a cluster larger then that out. It only took about a month for mine to go out. Think i am going back to stock. Don't have money to throw around like that. Bulbs are a lot cheaper to replace.

·
2,248 Posts
I think that most of the time LED's either go bad fairly quickly or they last for a long time. I have had some bad ones in the past, usually on smaller light clusters like running lights. I called the vendor and they replaced them. I am sure that they know that this happens with some LED's and they are good about replacing them. Try a call to the vendor and see what happens

·
Registered
577 Posts
Eagle Eyes are very quick to respond and try to sort out your issues.

I bought a set of the XK LED tail lights from them and when I went to hook them up, I could only get one of the LED panels to light up, none of the other 3 would light up.

Come to find out that you have to get the polarity of the connectors right for them to light up properly.

I would first contact Eagle Eyes if I were you, especially if they are only 2 weeks old.

After wiring mine up correctly, I didn't have a problem with them at all. I would have them now still, if I hadn't ordered a new car and I sold them to a member on here.

I'm now keeping the XK, so I need to order a new set and would order from Eagle Eyes again without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I would have them now still, if I hadn't ordered a new car and I sold them to a member on here.
They still work flawlessly.

I tried to look for warrenty information on their site but didnt have much luck. They have a contact page setup where you can enter your info and send them an email. You can find it here... http://www.eagleeyes.com.tw/web/index.asp?lang=2 or the direct website link http://www.eagleeyes.com.tw/ and the email address they have posted E-Mail:[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just thought id update everyone.

I contacted the seller. I explained how happy i was with them ( they really are awesome except for the quick burn out in the cluster). Remember, you get farther with a little sugar than with vinegar.

The seller (XRTEAM) is making me pay a $75 deposit, which will be immediately refunded once i send the faulty one back. They also are paying for shipping both ways which is nice.

Overall, I can't complain other than the fact I will have to front the $75 for a week or so and the 15 mins it will take to swap out the tail light.

I wouldn't say this would would deter me from buying again, I just hope I don't have another failure on the tails again (or at least for a LONG while, 5+ years as they are "rated" higher than that). Aside from the sellers HORRIFIC emails (I have better luck understanding my 4 year olds sentences) they have been accommodating so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts