Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here's my first humble installment in the garage section of the board.

I promised Don (cico7) that when I receive the jeepcommander.com decal he sent me that I would post a pic. Please excuse the grungy Jeep, but then again, Jeeps like to get dirty, don't they...

Give a wave if you see me out in Jersey, NY, PA, or if I'm out on a road trip somewhere! :eek:rangehat:

Happy Holidays everyone!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. I need to start keeping my camera in the Jeep for those spur of the moment occasions! :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, today I finally got around to the "cico7-behind-the-grill-aux-driving-lights" install.

...and some extra pics. Sorry about the nighttime pics.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, it's been almost 2 years since I've put anything here...

OK, so I finally found a CB antenna mount and antenna setup that I was happy with:

Sorry for the cell phone pics.

The whole setup is from Firestik. The antenna is 3 feet long. I think that for trail riding a spring would be in order so as no to snap anything on low hanging branches. Also, a 2 foot antenna would probably be enough for the trail as well. The mount seems to be well grounded, and everything seems to function just fine. I still need to have the antenna tuned.

I'll lookup the exact part numbers and post back in case anyone else is interested in this setup.

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boy, I gotta keep this thread more up-to-date.

A couple of weeks ago I installed the Mopar Grille Guard. I moved my driving lights from behind the grill to the guard, a la AEV.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I updated my aux lights with some tube clamps.

Those lights are some free Westin lights I got when I bought a safari bar for my old GMC. I'm thinking of swapping them out for some HID driving lights. Any suggestions? 35W, 55W, 70W...??? 6", 7", 8"...??? Brand?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, things have been developing recently, so I thought I'd update the ol' garage...

First, I added 20hp and 50 ft-lbs with this decal:

Then I added new switches for my extra lights:

And finally, a sneak peak of good things to come:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice. What size are the new tires? I'm assuming you'll be installing a lift as well. What are you going with?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice. What size are the new tires? I'm assuming you'll be installing a lift as well. What are you going with?
Those are 285/70R17 Silent Armors.

The SuperLift is scheduled to arrive today!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like it when Jeep toys come in BIG boxes.

The SUPERLIFT is here!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am SuperLifted!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been itching to get my CB antenna mount off the roof and down by the fender. Well, this is what I've come up with:

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Cool ! Where did you get it ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts