Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to the dealership 3 times already about the power steering pump. They claimed to have changed it but it still leaks fluid onto ground. Whats the Lemon Law on this? I live in Louisiana. Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
In Louisiana we don't have a lemon law, per se. We have what's called redhibition. There isn't a '3 times the charm' rule. First thing you do is memorialize all the work that has been done. Sit down and put together a timeline of when the loss first happened, who you called, when the work was done, etc. Then, put that in a letter (certified - return receipt requested) to the shop that was doing the work. In your letter you should request any and all documents that can verify proof of work, to include any invoices or documentation verifying their work (to include part numbers). Then, you should include a remedy (fix the vehicle, buy back the vehicle or put you in a comparable vehicle). Finally, you include what actions you are considering (civil action) should this matter not be resolved. It is also wise to contact an attorney; however, this wouldn't be charged on recovery - rather, this would be an hourly fee. What shop did the work (I live in Slidell but work in NOLA).

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVISE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts