Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to pick up another user's used Rusty's lift, the normal lift kit includes a pair of shocks for the rear.

How much longer are these new shocks? Can stock shocks be used as we are not wheeling the Commander as of yet? :badrazz:

The user is selling it at a very fair price, so if the consensus is longer rear shocks are a absolute must, then I will look into pricing some local.

Thanks very much for opinions and advise. :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It is not an absolute must so you will be fine with the stock shocks without offroading. The stock ones will top out when offroading, but you should be fine on regular use. Other members in here have ran them with the stock shocks while deciding what new shocks to go with.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The stock shocks eye to eye length is 24-1/4" fully extended and 15-1/4" fully collapsed. You do not need to add new shocks with a spacer lift but you can if you want to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I was reading up oin Bilsteins, I had a set on one of my F350's and really thought they did well. So maybe when the time was right for the XK.......

Again, thanks.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
get 10" long shocks for a budget 2" lift. anything more and you are wasting money.

If I were to pick up another user's used Rusty's lift, the normal lift kit includes a pair of shocks for the rear.

How much longer are these new shocks? Can stock shocks be used as we are not wheeling the Commander as of yet? :badrazz:

The user is selling it at a very fair price, so if the consensus is longer rear shocks are a absolute must, then I will look into pricing some local.

Thanks very much for opinions and advise. :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm running stock shocks with Rusty's 2 inch lift. I'm not off-roading. It's fine for what I'm doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts