Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Jeep Commander Limited QDII
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally ordered the full OME kit from RRO but they were taking forever to get everything in. I found the OME kit at Steel Armadillo in stock so I ordered it from them and cancelled my RRO order. My questions is......RRO sold the OME kit with a free spacer/packer kit for the front to remove the rake(they didn't have those in stock either). Who else sells the same thing? I also have a Wam front bumper on order as well as a Warn winch, which will compound the rake problem I would assume. I HATE a nose down stance, so I want to make sure I have what I need to make it sit level before I start. Any advice on what I should order and from where is appreciated.

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,022 Posts
Look in this forum, I'm sure it has been been talked about many times Or use the "Search Box above.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I originally ordered the full OME kit from RRO but they were taking forever to get everything in. I found the OME kit at Steel Armadillo in stock so I ordered it from them and cancelled my RRO order. My questions is......RRO sold the OME kit with a free spacer/packer kit for the front to remove the rake(they didn't have those in stock either). Who else sells the same thing? I also have a Wam front bumper on order as well as a Warn winch, which will compound the rake problem I would assume. I HATE a nose down stance, so I want to make sure I have what I need to make it sit level before I start. Any advice on what I should order and from where is appreciated.
i went with one from rustys offroad, have a ton of their stuff on my xj always been a good company to deal with. But like @rblapham said check that section and there are quite a few options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went with one from rustys offroad, have a ton of their stuff on my xj always been a good company to deal with. But like @rblapham said check that section and there are quite a few options.
Yea, I always search extensively before posting. Seems to be a lot of people’s default answer though. I really appreciate your input. What size spacers take the rake out? 2 inch? Or the 1/2” strut plate spacers?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yea, I always search extensively before posting. Seems to be a lot of people’s default answer though. I really appreciate your input. What size spacers take the rake out? 2 inch? Or the 1/2” strut plate spacers?
i was trying to maximize lift so I went with the two-inch spacer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm more concerned with the jeep sitting level when I'm done. Do you know which spacers would achieve that with the full OME lift?

·
Registered
212 Posts
i was trying to maximize lift so I went with the two-inch spacer.
i would just go with the 1/2 in strut plate. 2 inches in front but not the back would give the opposite rake and you'd be looking like all those stupid Carolina trucks....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would just go with the 1/2 in strut plate. 2 inches in front but not the back would give the opposite rake and you'd be looking like all those stupid Carolina trucks....
NOOOO!!! I would have to burn it if that happened. ;-) I live down here with those idiots riding around unfortunately.

·
Registered
212 Posts
NOOOO!!! I would have to burn it if that happened. ;-) I live down here with those idiots riding around unfortunately.
haha, ya I live in GA. every now and then you will find one of them that has infiltrated us.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wouldn't it make sense to just measure how much the rake is off on your vehicle and decide from there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wouldn't it make sense to just measure how much the rake is off on your vehicle and decide from there?
Well I don’t know how much it is sagging from when it was new, plus I didn’t know if the OME suspension kit raises the front any on its own. I was hoping someone who had done the OME suspension could give me some insight. I’m also putting JBA upper control arms, new Moog lower control arms and ball joints while I’m under there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts