Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a VERY long shot, but if you do not ask...:)

I was looking for a pair (matching :) ) of LHD (left-hand-drive) headlights. For those who may not realise it, LHD cars have a different beam pattern than RHD cars (the beam is always higher on the pedestrian side.)

Delivery would be to either the UK or Europe - as an experienced ebayer who has bought car stuff in the US and Europe, delivery is usually not a major problem.

Pieter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... possibly... but you have to get inside the lights... on the "new" style lights, usually there is a "shield" that creates the pattern... you normally have to fabricate a mirror copy of the shield and stick it in place... Until I get access to a car I do not know how "easy" that is... then also I will have to change them back again at some stage in...

So I ws just inquiring whether anyone had a set of headlights...

Thanks anyway....

Pieter

·
Registered
67 Posts
In fact euro spec left hand drive cars do not have a beam kick up on the curbside (R.H.). That's why they don't need beam deflectors when they drive in the U.K.

I drive a lot in mainland Europe and use a circular beam deflector in the bottom middle of the dip beam lens and click the headlamp adjuster down a notch and that works fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mwestcrew said:
In fact euro spec left hand drive cars do not have a beam kick up on the curbside (R.H.). That's why they don't need beam deflectors when they drive in the U.K.
Actually I heard this said/written many times, yet the three LHD cars in our Hungarian "stable" (Nissan, Subaru, Fiat) all have a higher beam on the pedestrian side. Perhaps it is not as pronounced as on UK cars (it is difficult to tell without a comparison) but it is certainly there.

mwestcrew said:
I drive a lot in mainland Europe and use a circular beam deflector in the bottom middle of the dip beam lens and click the headlamp adjuster down a notch and that works fine.
Yes I did exactly the same with my Shogun (Pajero/Montero)... and I am sure it will work. But as the car will spend most of its life in Europe (and will not return to the UK much) I am looking for something a little more permanent.

I do not believe the factory in Austria manufactures wildly different lights for RHD and LHD. It might even just be a case of turning something, or a simple adjustment.

Thanks, Pieter
A Cold Budapest...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.