Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I came across a detailed document that explains the lifetime powertrain warranty for those who are covered. I am attaching the document for those who dont have their owner's manual supplement. It only covers the original owners.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hi, I came across a detailed document that explains the lifetime powertrain warranty for those who are covered. I am attaching the document for those who dont have their owner's manual supplement. It only covers the original owners.
Yep, that's been discussed here numerous times over the years; That's a real crappy policy that Jeep/FCA has.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I purchased a chrysler lifetime powertrain warranty when I bought mine used. But I do not have to have the vehicle inspected every 5 years so I think there may be several version of it.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I purchased a chrysler lifetime powertrain warranty when I bought mine used. But I do not have to have the vehicle inspected every 5 years so I think there may be several version of it.
@rblapham; I have to tell you, you're the only one I've ever heard of doing this - how many years ago was this?

I assume you must have bought your XK from a Jeep/Chrysler dealership?

Every time this subject has come up, the conversation has always ended with "The lifetime warranty only covers the original owner of the vehicle".

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
@rblapham; I have to tell you, you're the only one I've ever heard of doing this - how many years ago was this?

I assume you must have bought your XK from a Jeep/Chrysler dealership?

Every time this subject has come up, the conversation has always ended with "The lifetime warranty only covers the original owner of the vehicle".
I bought the Commander from a Jeep dealership in 2009 it was a leased vehicle previously. It had 26,299 miles on it and the warranty cost me about $1600. I was surprised when they offered to sell me the warranty. It is a Chrysler warranty. First used it last year and no problem with the not inspected thing. The repair would have cost me well over the warranty price so I finally got my money back. Now just waiting for the Hemi to drop a valve seat:laugh2:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I bought the Commander from a Jeep dealership in 2009 it was a leased vehicle previously. It had 26,299 miles on it and the warranty cost me about $1600. I was surprised when they offered to sell me the warranty. It is a Chrysler warranty. First used it last year and no problem with the not inspected thing. The repair would have cost me well over the warranty price so I finally got my money back. Now just waiting for the Hemi to drop a valve seat:laugh2:
This is the missing piece of the puzzle - it was leased vehicle that nobody had ever bought out-right. That makes perfect sense now; You're very fortunate my friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts