Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is sharp looking, nice work!! I pick my dark Kahki commander up tomorrow and will have to consider the lift and tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
WOW! I really like, looks sharp. I especially like the pics from the rear and front which show the angles of the lift. Good job!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Intreper I have not noticed any problems with the AWD and the bigger tires. I was worried that it would throw a light for the stability system but it hasn't and I have around 75 miles on it so far.

Mypantsaretorn...mine too. Anyway it does rub on the left front when turning the wheel to the left. It only rubs in one spot and I think it is mostly the fender liner. I am going to look at it closer tomorrow and see what can be done to fix it. It might be where the body is seamed and needs a little tap from a BAH (Big A** Hammer). The rear tires will make light or barely brush the forward edge of the fender at the 9 oclock position. This only happens when it is fully compressed or almost fully compressed. I think it will do no harm but time will tell.

NW Skier congrats on your new JC. Post pics when you get it. I like the kahki color too.

To all thanks for the compliments and I will try to post if anything goes crazy or breaks due to the lift.

Note: no adapters where used for the tire sensors to re-mount them in the new rims and no lights or errors showed up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:cool: TOTALLY FRICKIN AWESOME!!! Just an FYI on those tires. The T/A KO's are the most wonderful tire I have the liberty to drive on. Brief background I drive 70,000 miles a year on my work van Express 1500 rwd, 327cid, I have driven on Michelin, Goodyear, Firestone, and these. You will not be able to find a better tire for price, traction, ride, and wear anywhere. The other great thing about them is you can go to both extremes on pressure for the application you want, Crank it up for heavy load, or real low for "crawling" etc. I only wish now I hadn't leased mine so I could do the mods to mine like so many here have. p.s. I have the JC 4.7 t package with after sale dealer installed class 4 hitch and sunroof. Light Khaki.

·
Registered
160 Posts
winner winner chicken dinner. I seen one on the showroom floor lifted. Not half as nice as yours. maximo

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice job with the lift, wheels, tires, and Great Pictures to boot!

Thanks!

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the lift and the tires!! Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing with us what the whole deal cost? I would love to do the same, but not sure I can afford it:confused:

Haven't got the XK yet, but planning to in the next few months.

Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so the good is it looks the way it does and has more ground clearance.

The bad: Rims were $151 each and tires were $233 each. Painfull yes, but the benefits of being able to go off-road on moderate trails makes it worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So that makes it $1536 in total for 4 rims and tyres. Did you also change the spare? I guess you would have had to. So it's really $1920? Wow!

Looks great, but could be too rich for my blood :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
rubicontrail.net said:
What is your ground clearance measurement now?
Good question. I will measure it and post.

At the diff 10.5" or so. Before the rear tire, to the bottom of the black molding, 15 3/4". After front tire to bottom of black molding 15".

Anyone else notice the wasted space the black rocker panel molding takes up? There is atleast 1.5" that could be used if this thing followed the body lines instead of free hanging below the actual rocker panel.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
In regards to the rocker panel molding, I was hoping that DCX would have went an integrated rock rail option (like that was on the WJ Overland). But hey nobody wants to put me on the Jeep design team... :-( :p

·
Registered
396 Posts
Crazy that the tires cost more than the wheels.

·
Registered
396 Posts
RWALL - where did you buy the wheels from? Online or a local dealer? That seems like a good price for a nice set of wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My only question is, have you voided your warranty with the lift?? I have never lifted anything before, but what you've done looks so great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts