Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the RC 2" lift and a new set 245/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors installed today. The Commander now sits at 36 1/2 inches - about 4 inches higher. The ride is smother but there is a slight roll to her now. Badlands here we come! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks great man! Did ya get an alignment after the lift install? I only ask cuz my jeep felt kinda like the roll you are talking about until I got it realigned. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, had the alignment done as well. just have to get used to it. she handles a lot better on turns then before, is just the extra wobble after a pot hole.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, it looks really good. I'm pumped for this weekend. We're gonna have a great time.
Thanks! You want to get there early tomorrow? I'm unemployed and the wife and kids are on vacation. I was thinking maybe getting two days on the trails.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It is always nice to remove a stock XK from the world and replace it with one that has been modded!

I'm lovin' the RC lift and Duratracs on mine. I too found the XK to be a little wobbly after the lift. I had the much talked about clunk when I hit pot holes and almost a shimmy.

I just replaced the sway bar bushings about 10 days ago and it made a "BIG" difference. The XK just feels more normal and stable and corners like it is on rails. I used the poly bushings. O'reilly had them for $19 a pair.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is always nice to remove a stock XK from the world and replace it with one that has been modded!

I'm lovin' the RC lift and Duratracs on mine. I too found the XK to be a little wobbly after the lift. I had the much talked about clunk when I hit pot holes and almost a shimmy.

I just replaced the sway bar bushings about 10 days ago and it made a "BIG" difference. The XK just feels more normal and stable and corners like it is on rails. I used the poly bushings. O'reilly had them for $19 a pair.
Yes it is, kina like a right of passage for the XK :) The ride feels much smoother than before. I took some speed bumps and potholes to check for the classic clunk but nothing there....hope it stays that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts