Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so as I am sitting down this past week to purchase a lift and new tires for my Overland, I ran into a problem. I am purchasing a 4" Superlift with the upgraded shocks, I know that for sure. My original intent was to put Goodyear Wrangler MTR's on the factory rims and that's where my problem is. The Overland is on 18" rims, and Goodyear does not make the MTR's in 18" diameter. I called my local tire place and they recommended Cooper SST's, however the width is slightly smaller than I had origianlly planned (MTR's I had planned on 285 and the Cooper's are 275's). I had a set of Cooper's on my Liberty Renegade and I loved the performance so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the SST's on the Commander? Also, if anyone else who owns an Overland has lifted their vehicle, what did you do for tires? I really like the look of the stock platinum rims and it works out well since it will save me a ton of $$$ without having to buy 5 new rims. Suggestions work as well from anyone who has some advice on tires. The tire shop here said that the Cooper's were actually better than the Goodyear's. Most of this was an aesthetic issue with the tires since I won't be offroading it all the time. Let me know what you think?

Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
DerekAsh3312 said:
Ok... so as I am sitting down this past week to purchase a lift and new tires for my Overland, I ran into a problem. I am purchasing a 4" Superlift with the upgraded shocks, I know that for sure. My original intent was to put Goodyear Wrangler MTR's on the factory rims and that's where my problem is. The Overland is on 18" rims, and Goodyear does not make the MTR's in 18" diameter. I called my local tire place and they recommended Cooper SST's, however the width is slightly smaller than I had origianlly planned (MTR's I had planned on 285 and the Cooper's are 275's). I had a set of Cooper's on my Liberty Renegade and I loved the performance so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the SST's on the Commander? Also, if anyone else who owns an Overland has lifted their vehicle, what did you do for tires? I really like the look of the stock platinum rims and it works out well since it will save me a ton of $$$ without having to buy 5 new rims. Suggestions work as well from anyone who has some advice on tires. The tire shop here said that the Cooper's were actually better than the Goodyear's. Most of this was an aesthetic issue with the tires since I won't be offroading it all the time. Let me know what you think?

Thanks!
If it were me I would buy the AEV wheels with the proper off-set so you don't have to use spacers. That is what I will do with my next Commander.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Derek,
What did you decide? I have some ST's on order. I couldn't find a bad review on any of the new ST or SST's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts