Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Commander Hemi has 127k miles and is stock. Time for some needed suspension upgrades. Looking at buying the OME front and rear springs(front 50mm and rear 55mm), Bilstein 5100 (24-225793) front struts, Monroe load levelers (58643) for the rear. 1.5 hub centric spacers as well. Does this sound like a good combo? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
1,993 Posts
Make sure you glue the rubber down on the monroe shocks. The spring ends up hitting the body and it makes a squeaking noise. They served me well but probably won't use them again. Get new isolaters while your at it since everything will be apart anyway. I would give this thread a read HERE while your at it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I ended up deciding against the MLL's due to the issues with the sleeve failing and noise, as well as the fact that the rear would likely be entirely too stiff. Personally I would not consider OME springs + MLLs unless lots(!) of towing is in your future.

You would likely appreciate the ride more with a 1.5" spring spacer and bilstein shocks in the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts