Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my new lift and tires on i have driven maybe 30 miles but have not gotten an alignment yet but will be done tuesday with the new front window modules that took a flop on me replaced as factory defect for anyone else with the same problem. My question is are any of you having issues with your lifts tripping the ESP on the jeep I have had an issue with a 70mph + shutter that the shop can not figure out (even though i told them to check the torque converter clutch as i have seen on another thread people were having issues with)? but the feeling i get is a hurky jerky feeling like im running out of gas then some times the ESP flashes plus there is a small popping sound that comes from the passanger side i checked all the bolts and mounts torqed to spec I know that the alignment will help I am just worried that the lift i put on is going to cost me in the long run i have seen they make a esp module for application with the 4" superlift????? But lift looks great 36 1/2" front and rear to inside of flares realy tough and the clearence will be great.
Thx for your help!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just got back from a drive and it feels like the tranny is screwing up when shifting the jeep starts lunging like its out of gas esp light did not come on ths time

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what i thought you think the shutter i had before that i think is coming from the torqe converter clutch is just being intensified by the bigger tires

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know but i was having that shutter at 70 + and i was reading another deal on here that said that they finally found it in the converter clutch i feels a hesitation like its running out of gas only lasts like 2-3 second if i hit the gas it goes away asap i cannot replicate it it does it whenever t wants i wonder if its something to do with the lug of the tread it feels like it trys to limit my power it might be that the alignment is all i need to fix it i try to trouble shoot what i can before i go in or i get a line of crap from the jeep mechs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx for the help uber but i found it last year we hit a dear and had the dealer do the repair they replaced some of the ESP WIRE CLIPS WITH """"NON OEM CLIPS""" {UNKNOWEN TO ME TILL NOW}that fell apart after time and the ESP wire floped against the rim and rubbed a hole in the wire casing where it was grounding out. I used heat shrink on it works fine now.... All please be aware that your dealer repairs are done with new oem parts this is not the first time i got scammed with something they rigged up and charged me full price for... Lift and tires are great well worth money install was easy....

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Happy to hear you got it resolved. Don't forget to get a alignment check since you lifted and added new shoes to your XK.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thx for the help uber but i found it last year we hit a dear and had the dealer do the repair they replaced some of the ESP WIRE CLIPS WITH """"NON OEM CLIPS""" {UNKNOWEN TO ME TILL NOW}that fell apart after time and the ESP wire floped against the rim and rubbed a hole in the wire casing where it was grounding out. I used heat shrink on it works fine now.... All please be aware that your dealer repairs are done with new oem parts this is not the first time i got scammed with something they rigged up and charged me full price for... Lift and tires are great well worth money install was easy....
Baja, great topic. Just so we're sure I'm going to recap so everyone is clear:

"...but I found it last year we hit a dear and had the dealer to the repair".

Meaning, you hit a deer last year where the dealer completed the repair on the cheap? You found "it", meaning the source of the problem, being the ad hoc repair the dealer rigged? That's the way I read it, but just making sure.

Thanks for the great information.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I don't get to Texas very often- was near Dallas last year, but I would be interested to know who the dealer was that performed the cheap work. Wonder if they are one of the many who are losing their Chrysler franchise...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts