Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year and a half I finally installed my Rough Country 2 inch lift and 265/70R17 tires. Put them on stock wheels with no spacers and they fit like a glove. No rubbing anywheres! Funny, it really lifted the front 3 inches and the rear 1 1/2 inches. With the tires I'm now over 4 inches taller in the front and 3 inches in the rear.

COMMANDER.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are Nitto Crosstek. Quiet on the highway and good for light offroading. Just what I use it for.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel I should update this thread. Originally I didn't think I had rubbing in the front but the first time I went off road I found I needed to do the pinch weld mod. Very simple and took under half an hour for both sides. Now I have lots of clearance and no more rubbing. Bounced it around a little this morning and all is good.

·
Banned
35 Posts
I feel I should update this thread. Originally I didn't think I had rubbing in the front but the first time I went off road I found I needed to do the pinch weld mod. Very simple and took under half an hour for both sides. Now I have lots of clearance and no more rubbing. Bounced it around a little this morning and all is good.
still no wheel spacers?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No spacers front or rear. I looked at where the tire rubbed on the pinch weld bump and putting spacers on would have pushed the tire further into it. As it was it only rubbing on the plastic wheel well enough to make noise but not enough to get into the actual pinch weld. I did the mod so when I heated up the plastic to flatten it there was room for it to go.

·
Administrator
6,271 Posts
After a year and a half I finally installed my Rough Country 2 inch lift and 265/70R17 tires. Put them on stock wheels with no spacers and they fit like a glove. No rubbing anywheres! Funny, it really lifted the front 3 inches and the rear 1 1/2 inches. With the tires I'm now over 4 inches taller in the front and 3 inches in the rear.
Welcome to the Rough Country club wingdog.

Looks good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts