Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to get some feedback from members with lifts on there 3.7 commanders... im looking to lift mine but i dont really want to put big tires on it... i want to keep what little gas milage i can.. just want some more clearance.. any mpg or performance losses with the lift and tires?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I only had mine on for 5 days before I put on the bigger tires. It's hard to say for certain. I didn't observe anything that would point to a drastic change in mpg. I imagine it could have some affect since you are changing the airflow under and around the vehicle.

I didn't notice any loss in acceleration either.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a 3.7 with a 2 inch lift and standard sized wrangler silent armor tires. I lost 5-7 mpg on average. BUT i also a roof Rack which causes some of it. the lift and tires alone are probly 2-4 mpg of it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2inch lift and 265's and I love it, I havent noticed any changes except when I drove off because the computer was reset, but after a week of so of driving and a good road trip, shes back to her same old self, and looks better too. I pull up to other Commander in my area and they look at mine with envy just because it sits higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts