Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well don't know if this is still an active community but I have some lift questions.

I already have the 2" Spacer Lift on my 2006 Limited Commander 5.7l. What I'm wondering is can I also do the EMU 2.5" Lift with the Spacers (since the EMU is shocks and springs) and will that give me 4.5" of lift?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Mechanically I think it will work but you will have to move break lines and replace the upper control arms. Did you install the spacer lift ? How long ago?

·
Registered
55 Posts
you cant double stack lifts due to the severe angles of the front suspension ie. cv shafts/tie rods. Some have double stacked lifts and found out the hard way that it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have front CV Axles mine is only RWD

·
Registered
243 Posts
The main problem with running this setup in the front, is the extra stress put on the tie rods. This will lead to a broken steering rack, which is an expensive thing to replace. Really the limit is up front is a modified 3" lift, using OME HD springs combined with a small 1/4" on-top-of-strut spacer from rusty, rocky-road, etc. These results can also be obtained with bilstien 5100's + OME spring, as stated above.

As for the rear, there are a few of us running OME HD springs + 2" spacer, although I swapped in some used 4" SL springs for the same results. This gives around 4" of lift, and with just the OME HD spring+1/4" spacer up front, the rear sits about an inch higher than the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts