Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s measure and take pictures of the result of our lifts and tires. Please state your specs. Take a picture of front and back.

front

back

I have a RR 2.25 lift and 265/70/17 revo's

·
Registered
186 Posts
While we are at it, why don't we post stats on our wheel size and offset as well as the measurement from the outside of the fender flare to the outside of the tire?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
UberCommander -
just took some shots of mine and will edit tomorrow when I get to my office.

·
Registered
243 Posts
These are my numbers as of April 19, 2009.
Front 39.5"

Rear 38.75"

Pics from today's adventure....................

ProComp Wheels, 33" x 12.5" x 17".

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Before I added the winch and bumper, I was at about 37.5", now down to 37". That will soon change with a front suspension experiment I'm working on. It soon should measure 39-ish".

For reference -
Stock XK ('08 Overland with 18" wheels, 245/60's) - front: 31.5" rear: 33.0"

Front of my XK is at 37".

The rear is an even 38".

Just for fun, took a quick pic of both XK's to show the visual difference between stock and not stock.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i just finished adding a 1/4" spacer to the front. i'm now at

36" front

36.5" rear.

it looks much better new. i guess i'm

with tires

4.5 inches taller in front

3.5" taller in the back.

Spec's of my suspension situation:

FRONT
2" OME HD front springs
1/2" GL4x4 strut spacer
GL4x4 HD UCA's

REAR
2" OME HD Rear Springs

i think i'll measure the clearance under the Front Diff and Rear Diff.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
2 Inch BDS Spacer lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar!

Front: 35.25 inches

Rear: 35.75 inches

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
My front is 38 3/4 with the GetLost Bumper, 4" superlift and two 1/4" spacers on each side from Rustys.

Rear is 39 3/8 with just the 4" superlift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont have pics but I just measured 35.75 in front and 36.75 in rear. Thats with 3.5'' Rock Krawler X Factor lift and 265 Nittos. I really like the look of the 4'' lift. Big price diff.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Honestly its not really expensive at all.

4wd.com has it for $1600. I dont think thats a bad price for a 4 inch IFS Lift.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
So, who is going to put all the numbers together into a nice little chart showing the actual gain from the different lifts? I'm especially curious as to the actual min and max ground clearance between the 4" and 2" lifts. I know that a lot of that gain is from tires, but it should be pretty easy to eliminate that factor from the numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Haven't been around much lately. My business has been crazy. Just returned from a trip and while I was away, my friend installed the OME 991 coil springs on the front that I picked up from Kmax. He cut one coil off and it is still a huge increase in height.
The back is lower and I will be making adjustments this week to level it out with the front. I'll post measurements of the rear when mods are complete. I sure hope the front settles down a bit or I may have to cut a second coil off. I figure i will do a couple trips with it first to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It looks like it's about time for some new rubber!

Those OME coils really put your cv axles and UCA's at a bad angle. Good thing your running those HD Uni-ball UCA's.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts