Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read forums, wheels forums, tire forums, lift forums.

But, I'm still Lost. Help me please.

With 2" ome lift with stock wheels what is the largest tire without rubbing?

I do not want to use spacers but if I was to buy new wheels but retain the jk look, what wheels should I buy, that will clear brakes, flush with fender. Large 32" tires.

·
1,993 Posts
The information can be found in this thread New Here? Read this Thread for FAQ's on Tires, Lifts and Spacers!

I pulled this out of it for you.
Jeep Commanders ranging from the 2" spacer lifts to the 3.5 Rock Krawler kit can fit the following tires WITHOUT wheel spacers and no rubbing:

245/65R17 (Stock Tire Size)
245/70R17
245/75R17
255/65R17
255/70R17

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The information can be found in this thread New Here? Read this Thread for FAQ's on Tires, Lifts and Spacers!

I pulled this out of it for you.
Jeep Commanders ranging from the 2" spacer lifts to the 3.5 Rock Krawler kit can fit the following tires WITHOUT wheel spacers and no rubbing:

245/65R17 (Stock Tire Size)
245/70R17
245/75R17
255/65R17
255/70R17
I forgot about that post. I remember reading it awhile ago now. Thank you.

If I wanted a 2" lift with 275 70/17 tires and didnt want to use spacers. what backspacing would i need on an aftermarket wheel to make it fit?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I forgot about that post. I remember reading it awhile ago now. Thank you.

If I wanted a 2" lift with 275 70/17 tires and didnt want to use spacers. what backspacing would i need on an aftermarket wheel to make it fit?
Depends on the width of the wheel.

I have 255/70r18 on 5.39" backspacing and 9" wide wheel that is flush, with plenty of room for a wider tire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on the width of the wheel.

I have 255/70r18 on 5.39" backspacing and 9" wide wheel that is flush, with plenty of room for a wider tire.

where do you go to order wheels? Tirerack only shows offset and im pretty worthless trying to figure out offset, backspacing. I found the tires I want, the Wrangelr Duratrac 265/70r17 and I want wheels that look stock that will fit those tires without the need of any spacers.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
where do you go to order wheels? Tirerack only shows offset and im pretty worthless trying to figure out offset, backspacing. I found the tires I want, the Wrangelr Duratrac 265/70r17 and I want wheels that look stock that will fit those tires without the need of any spacers.
plnety of offset/backspacing calculators online. Simple google search pulls them up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts