Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking online for a lift kit i noticed ther rock krawler kit 3.5in and yes i read about some of the problems and i also noticed that the ppl were making them more stable since they are bending. I was planning on getting them and modifying them to make them stronger now would i be able to ad like a sky jacker kit on that or would i only be able to add the rock krawler kit. I want it to sit pretty high. Thank you any help would be appreciated thanks again. I cant be sitting stock for the camping trip now will be no fun.lol

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If you want it to sit "pretty high", here's a plan... start with a small lift (2"... there's a multitude of them out there). Throw some larger tires on, and ride with it like that for a while. Save up, and get the Superlift (or BDS or Rusty's) 4" lift, and put the 2" spacers on top of that, netting you 6" total lift. But... you have to start somewhere. Don't lowball the process only to end up mad that your stuff sucks, ya know?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i hear you on that note i think im going to jsut agree with you do you think i should mess with the rock krawler kit or just get away and go with like the 2.5in or 2 inch lift?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Ditto was sciron4X4 said.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
bsnyder717 said:
ya i hear you on that note i think im going to jsut agree with you do you think i should mess with the rock krawler kit or just get away and go with like the 2.5in or 2 inch lift?
Don't even bother with the Rock Krawler. Get a 2-2.5" spacer kit, and some tires, and roll with it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i did i got to the point where i couldnt wait any longer so i went with the 2" skyjacker kit. thank you all

·
Registered
28 Posts
What exactly do spacers do? Sorry im a little ignorant when it comes to this stuff. I have a feeling it makes the wheels pertrude out more, just curious.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Nezz said:
I guess i know more than i think i know ;) Thanks sciron
Give yourself a gold star :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought the skyjacker 2" lift and somone mentioned that i can purchase another lift on top of that. I Was just curious what lift i could use with this lift and a price on the lift. Thank you

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes. wheel spacers give you a different offset for your rims (they will sit out further). The lift kit comes with spacers for your springs.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh ya and by the way my lift kit came in yesterday i am just waiting on the tires to go ahead and get it all taken care of. I am very excited and cant wait to get a few pictures to post them on here.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahahah im afraid it will loook weird. lol there are alot more pieces in the kit then i thought i thought it was just the 4 spacers. they sent me a kit with like 18 different things. is that normal.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Most likely. Just follow the instructions, and you'll be fine.

And it really won't look TOO goofy with just the lift.

Here's mine with just the lift...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts