Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased an '06 Limited 4X4 with the Hemi. Just curious, does this look like it's been lifted ever so slightly? Most of the 4X4 Commanders I've seen don't seem to appear this high. Could be the angle I guess, but it seems a little higher than stock. I really like the stance either way, probably won't change it.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
In your pic it does look it might have a 2" lift. Can you give us pics of the top of the front strut and rear shock ? That way we can tell for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like a level lift.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yea it looks lifted to me because my commander sits lower. looks good bro! im ordering my OME kit tomorrow happy bday to me!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Happy Birthday to both of us omega48er.
I order mine next month! (and my birthday is tomorrow)

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
Here is the top of the shock tower through the wheel well. Not sure what I'm supposed to look for here.
Is it that round disc on the top?
Nope, no lift.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Could it be a plastic coil spacer that sits on the bottom of the spring? it looks lifter or atleast leveled to me not sure if they do go in the bottom I only have the 2inch rought country lift. Maybe a daystar lift, i think the spacer goes on the bottom, can you take a pic of the rear spring to see if it has a spacer on top.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Well the picture would tell us if a spacer or block had been inserted to lift it. Its always possible new springs were installed that would give it a lift, but I don't know how to tell that, or if there are any lift kits for Commander's that are just a taller spring.

And maybe I'm confusing another vehicle, BUT I thought I saw a kit that put a spacer under the spring instead of ontop of the strut.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Stupid question.... but what size tires are those?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts