Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 5.7 with quadradrive ll and I am looking to put either a 2" rough country spacer lift or a 3" top gun customs spacer lift on it.. I have a few questions

1. Has anyone done either one of these lifts? If so, could you respond and tell me, other than the spacers, what was necessary? (Shocks, control arms, etc.)

2. I and looking to put 265/70R17 tires on after the lift, but I am also looking for a wide rim so my jeep has a nice stance. However, I do not want the tire to rub or hit any parts of the suspension. I have been looking at rims that are size 17x9 5.5 bolt pattern (obviously) with 5 inch backspacing...

*** if anyone has used these rims on their commander and could attach some picture as well, I would greatly appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
As far as lifted choice the only top guns customZ lift I can find is a daystar rebrand with poly spacers. Generally you will get recommended the rough country style over the daystar style. Also... I always think it's lame to put a z instead of an s in a name.

Lots of guys running the rough country.

You should plan to replace ball joints bushings (usually people just get new control arms) and shocks while you've got it pulled apart. Longer shocks in the rear and stock length in the front. I like my bilsteins a lot and would recommend those over everything else I've personally installed which includes Kyb monomax, kyb gas a just, Gabriel maxcontrol, pro comp, Monroe reflex..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts