Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah my lift is here and it's going on after work tomorrow. i will update my progress as i either have to much to drink or finish it. either way it will be done. pic's soon to follow. just thought i'd share that with everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
do the front first then start to drink and do the rear. That worked good for me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rocky road. 2.25 should be a breeze i read through the cartoon and sound like any other coilspring lift i've done. and the 2 wheel drive should make the front a little easier to work with.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm considering taking the front lift blocks to work tomorrow and making a template. it looks good however i saw a few things they should have paid more attention to. not to mention i've got a great waterjet guy and powder coater 5 minutes from my shop. i am happy with my purchase though

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like to find a spare spidertrax spacer i can use to see if i can make one on our new lathe. and was curious as to if they're aluminum.(wow i know that spelling's wrong)

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Unbolt your calipers from the brackets both front and rear. A press will help for getting the stock studs out of the strut. When reinstalling the strut the bolts that replace the studs are hard to get a wrench onto, if you could tack weld them in place it would make it easier. Other than those two items the front was easy. The rear is simple but you may need a hand to get the left UCA back in place and remember to put your spacers on top of the rear springs not on the bottom! The spidertrax are aluminum and they are nice because they are both hub and wheel centric. If you are good on a lathe you can make a set no problem just keep in mind that alot of machiening goes into one spacer and precision is very important.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the top of the springs. that's funny you say that because after looking at the cartoon it said the bottom. which blew my mind. maybe their revision has not hit the presses yet. lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as the spacer's go we've got a great programmer/machinist? that set's up our lathe so all i have to do is show him what i want and he set's up a program for me. then i just feed it with material.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
the top of the springs. that's funny you say that because after looking at the cartoon it said the bottom. which blew my mind. maybe their revision has not hit the presses yet. lol
This is a revision that they are telling those who have had spacer failures because of the spring being on the bottom they told UberCommander this when he got his replacement spacers.
Take a look at this thread: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5899&highlight=failure&page=4

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think i saw that but did not remember . thanx for the input . i plan on posting when i start and finish. sometime's plans get altered as the night gets longer though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
eugene my man, congrats on the purchase. can't wait to see the pics....actually screw pics i'll stop by your work an check it out....later brother....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
testa you should just stop by and have a beer as i install the lift. then you can order yours. haha . but work is cool i've gotta take it in wed. for the repairs at the dealership. so i'll be in your neck of the woods. we need to plan that trip to logandale for the jeep rally after sema week. lates

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok 5 hours and 12 beers later it's done. woo hooo. that was with a dinner break. the front only took about an hour and a half. the back is another story. i started at about 6 last night and was looking at it on the ground at about 11. i'll wash it today and see if i can post up some pics

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
ok 5 hours and 12 beers later it's done. woo hooo. that was with a dinner break. the front only took about an hour and a half. the back is another story. i started at about 6 last night and was looking at it on the ground at about 11. i'll wash it today and see if i can post up some pics
Now that it is done, you need to run over to AZ on the 2nd and do Crown King with us.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
what problems did you have with the rear?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts