Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I decided to head out to work earlier than usual to beat the morning rush. I'm on the cellphone via Bluetooth. I'm more than halfway to work, when suddenly my airbag light pops on ... no biggie. Light flickers off a few seconds later; I decide to turn on the radio... looks on, but no audio. FUNKY! A few miles later down the freeway, the airbag light reappears, as well as my traction control, park assist warning, and brake lights; at the same time, the speedo/tachometer are jumping from 0 to up. Still the vehicle is cruising with no hesitation. Once I exited, the check engine light stays on.

I decided to take it to the 5-star Jeep dealership right around the corner. I noticed also my windshield wipers would not stop operating when I turned it off manually as I pulled into their bay.

Anyone experience such odd behaviors???? Your thoughts?

Today, it's in for:
1.) Check Engine Light is on.
2.) Radio has no audio (again).
3.) Clunking noise coming from the roof/left rear passenger door.

·
Registered
258 Posts
wow...ugh, man that sux. Nothing like that here.

let us know the out come

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up

Oh man, DC is really disappointing my ownership of my XK. So yesterday afternoon, I get a call from the SA. Coming from a five-star stealership, I would hope they would give me some good news. That wasn't the case here...

So the SA tells me that due to numerous work done previously from my dealership (where I bought it from, down the road), they wouldn't do any follow-up service on my vehicle. Can you believe that? So basically it was hands off, and let your previous dealership handle the problem. Their excuse was that my previous services haven't RESOLVED the problems correctly (the problem of these short circuits are due to some water leak), thus, DC would not be obligated to fund the warranty work @ the 5-star shop. I really had no time to argue with them. So I picked it up and took it back that afternoon to my dealership.

I'll try to fill everyone in on what I find out what has been done to resolve the issues.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I once had something like that happen. Then it went away and hasnt been back... almost forgot about it.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
my airbag light has been on for awhile.

its going in tomorrow for airbag light, rear window problems, and my outside temperature reading is always off by 20*.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts