Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the power window switch block on my drivers door on my 2007. The new one lights up. The old one just had white dots on each switch button. So does the new one but they light up green when the car is on. None of the other switches in my car do this. Was this an option in the Jeep or did I get a switch meant for a different vehicle. I know the same part fits a lot of chrysler vehicles. My 2008 grand didnt light up either. Is it a "Limited" thing? What do you guys have?

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
So I replaced the power window switch block on my drivers door on my 2007. The new one lights up. The old one just had white dots on each switch button. So does the new one but they light up green when the car is on. None of the other switches in my car do this. Was this an option in the Jeep or did I get a switch meant for a different vehicle. I know the same part fits a lot of chrysler vehicles. My 2008 grand didnt light up either. Is it a "Limited" thing? What do you guys have?
@Carbuff;

I replaced my master window/doorlock switch module 10 months ago because the auto-up for the front door windows was very intermittent.

This is a pic of the new switch after I installed it last December, which looks basically identical to the original one I replaced - and yes, it's supposed to light up a light greenish color. That's pretty standard for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thats the same exact setup as mine. Do any of the other doors window switches light up? Or is it just the master? Its kinda weird driving at night as these switches are brighter than the dashboard, and keep catching my eye.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
It might be a feature for the 2008+ models, or a redesigned version. My 06 has a different looking window switch block that I believe doesn't light up.

Here's what my switch block looks like:
switch.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be a feature for the 2008+ models, or a redesigned version. My 06 has a different looking window switch block that I believe doesn't light up.

Here's what my switch block looks like:
View attachment 33127

Thats interesting. Both my old block and the new one resemble Blue's, with no dimples like yours has, but only the new one lights up. Also, all the other switches are of the smooth type too with no dimples, and dont light up.. Mines a 2007 sport.

·
Registered
480 Posts
All of my switches are dimpled and don't light up. I know mine are original, but I've got an 06 model so it could be a one year design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts