Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before u think it's too chav, the under floor lights are just puddle lights...........they definitely do not operate when driving along!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Before u think it's too chav, the under floor lights are just puddle lights...........they definitely do not operate when driving along!!!!
I do like the halo's. think I'm gonna have to do that mod myself.

I've been trying to find some of those startech sill plates for a commander but they are mega money.

Are the puddle lights in your side steps?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CAV T!!!!! quick mate check Halfords.......just seen the lights are now down to £10!!! they were £80......must be getting rid of stock..........

look for angel eyes driving lights............

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
puddle lights are actually in the Startech side sills..........still not sure about the chrome side steps!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
CAV T!!!!! quick mate check Halfords.......just seen the lights are now down to £10!!! they were £80......must be getting rid of stock..........

look for angel eyes driving lights............
Woo hoo. Well done mate. My local Halfrauds has 1 set left. Now reserved for me to collect tomorrow. Thanks for that.

I have the exact same style steps. But mine were to help the kids get in. I really like em, to be honest

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Damian. I got the lights. Have them all fitted now. I re wired mine to come on with main beam as I do more driving on country lanes than driving in fog. So I butchered the loom they supplied and rewired them as spot lights. They are really bright. A good beam of light.

Now ordered some chrome 3157 bulbs to get rid of the fried egg front lens look. Then I think I'll move onto a hid conversion. Also just replaced all the interior bulbs for smd bulbs. A nice white light now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
come on its amazing..simply amazing..
where did u find the halo for the forlight?? but u can still use the fog light normally plus the halo or just like this...cause i put on it the 600k hid..
thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
ah ok, it look very nice, but to install the fog lights you have to remove the front fascia i guess no?
i wanna change mine cause the glass is a little broken...i guess some rock..
I take the chance to ask you also if you know if there is a way to link the orange position light to the normal position light...like in the us.
On the us vehicles u have all the time the orange side front light on and when you turn they start to flash..did u have that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ah ok, it look very nice, but to install the fog lights you have to remove the front fascia i guess no?
i wanna change mine cause the glass is a little broken...i guess some rock..
I take the chance to ask you also if you know if there is a way to link the orange position light to the normal position light...like in the us.
On the us vehicles u have all the time the orange side front light on and when you turn they start to flash..did u have that?
These driving lights are a full new complete unit. We haven't fitted a halo ring to the original fog light. Check the URL link from my earlier post.

None of the European commanders have the orange indicator bulb lit as a side light all the time. You would need a twin element bulb and holder to rewire it like that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cav.......have the led ring on only at the mo and wired direct to the fog wires. Want to have the led halo's as drl's and on when the ignition is on.........any wires in the engine bay to feed from?? Worst case gonna use the aux power from the fusebox. Gonna do the same though and have the new lights as driving lights.........never use fog anyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cav.......have the led ring on only at the mo and wired direct to the fog wires. Want to have the led halo's as drl's and on when the ignition is on.........any wires in the engine bay to feed from?? Worst case gonna use the aux power from the fusebox. Gonna do the same though and have the new lights as driving lights.........never use fog anyway.
I did think about using them as drl's but had the same issue of no constant ignition power on a lighting circuit and didn't want to start tagging lights into other circuits in the engine bay.

I was the same about fog lights. Never use em so set them as driving lights off the main beam circuit. I took the wiring loom out from behind the headlight and then solder'd in connections on the bench utilising the relay and the wiring loom that came with the lights. I chopped out that stupid switch though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts