Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great idea! Styling, price, American made,(Domestic cars have "Soul", sorry, car guy here).Handling and heritage.-43:D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ride, power, comfort, safety, offroad prowness for a family vehicle, reasonable storage and cargo capacity, capability to negotiate almost any weather thrown at it. john

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought mine last year in the middle of a series of big Colorado snowstorms - it started earning it's keep right away.

It's AWD works so well it feels planted in almost any conditions. Brakes, traction control...the whole package works together seamlessly and to good effect.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Great deal, great styling, very capable, nice size, comfortable and I like how it FITS me

·
Registered
324 Posts
db_ohio said:
Great deal, great styling, very capable, nice size, comfortable and I like how it FITS me
DB, I could not have said it better!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just completed a 700 mile trip yesterday. Freeway driving and mountain roads. End of the day I was still comfortable and sane. 16.8 mpg, comfortable driving position, quiet at high speeds, it's a great driver.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I love everything about it... the boxy (and functional) style, the luxurious interior, the fit and finish, the power.

I hope Jeep continues with the concept of the boxy, luxury, off-roader even after the XK ends production. In the XK\WK replacement, I would like to see a V8 Cummins diesel hybrid engine option, about 2" more of ground clearance, a little more room for the second and third rows, all HID/LED lighting, heated and cooled seating for all three rows, and just keeping up with all the latest safety and electronics options.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just yesterday I was coming out of a garden center and the Commander was at a perfect angle, I had to stop and admire it. Love the cargo room, always get comments about how much room there is inside, especially from the guys at the tire shop when they saw how many rims and tires I had in there to get the ice and snows put on. Autostick, it's awesome. I never expected the base Commander to have autostick. Great ride and handling for the size of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I like the XK because it is the first vehicle that does everything I want it to:
1. Hold seven passengers - (two adults and five kids)
2. Go anywhere I want it to (top of the mountains to the bottom of the mud holes)
3. Looks good
4. Modifiable
5. Good in all weather
6. Comfortable

My only complain is no front winch.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
4.7commander said:
i like everything about mine. i can't complain. if you don't like it, get something else.

whiners.

AMEN! Love my Commander and everything about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
QDII is the best drivetrain for Michigan winters.
I feel very secure with my grandkids onboard.
Quiet and very comfortable seating.
Great get up and go with the hemi.
Great stopping ability.
And I got a great deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We have had three storms in the past week with over a foot and a half of snow and my Commander had no problems. I love the look,feel and security you get with a Jeep. You know you will get where you are going in this vehicle and with the Commander Limited you arrive in style.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Everything I like about my Commander

It looks good....
Rides good
Gets excellent gas milage
2 out of 3 ain't bad
It's says..........Jeep!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Unique style and looks, very safe, dependable, American, drives great, fun to drive!

I have driven this thing for 14 hours straight (only stopping for gas) a few times and I get out and am not stiff or anything. Very comfortable. Every time I have someone new in my Jeep I get a comment on how much they like it. Thats without having to do any fishing for compliments :).

...oh yea, and chicks dig it :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts