Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this thread together, to see what exactly everyone has have done to their vehicle since day 1. The following have been serviced on my XK:

1.) Front window regulators replaced (the ghostly window that had a mind of its own).

2.) A/C Evaporator replaced, and system recharged (Freon was leaking, thus fogging up the interior and giving off a muggy feeling).

3.) Rear isolators replaced, TWICE! (rear axle would creak over every rear jerk/movement).

4.) Driver side door handle (inside, door handle broke off).

5.) Steering circuit (ESP/BAS display lights popped up on the dash).

6.) Windshield resealed (wind noise the first time; water seepage the second time).

7.) Retighten and refitted sunroof and roofrack (Headliner/ceiling rattle)

8.) Driver side powerseat control panel (plastic cover would keep popping off).

9.) Radio/amplifier replaced (No audio, twice at different times).

Let us know of any new/current problems you're having, and what the dealer has done to repair'em.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
2006 XK Limited QT2 4.7L

only problems:

1.driverside rear door window will not roll down. i haven't had time to get it fixed.
2. AUX front power outlet is not working. probably just a fuse. i haven't had time to check.
3. crappy stock tires. can't do much about it, just get some new ones.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
1. Front passenger window regulator replaced under warranty as the auto up wasn't functioning properly. Worked in all instances except auto up.
2. I glued the weather stripping in place above the rear passenger door. It kept sagging and i got tired of pushing it back in place so a little hot glue in the channel on the weather strip did the trick.
3. Replaced windshield wipers at about 25k miles.

Short list, 06 Jeep has 31k miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Allow me to share: This is the last time I buy an original modle year vehicle.

(1) replaced/resealed the windshield twice for the wind noise. Each time the dealer took care of it within a day.

(2) Driver side powerseat control panel (plastic cover would keep popping off). Has been in once and it came back with the common "cant duplicate problem."

(3) rotors replaced because the were warped - at 20,000 miles.

(4) replaced front bushings (they rotted) and it took three dealer visits to fix this. The third time I had the Service Manager ride in the Jeep to experience the problem so I would not get teh common "cant duplicate problem."

(5) fan blower noise fixed twice.

(6) AC stopped working. Dealer fixed within a day.

(7) recall for brake sensor. Dealer fixed within a day.

(8) bad spare tire sensor. Dealer fixed within a day.

(9) there is a rattle that comes from the sun lights and middle seats.

(10) there is a constant snapping/clicking noise from the front dash - the dealer "cant duplicate problem."

(11) battery died at 22,000 miles. Dealer fixed within a day.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: List of problems...

John Wayne said:
Allow me to share: This is the last time I buy an original modle year vehicle.

(1) replaced/resealed the windshield twice for the wind noise. Each time the dealer took care of it within a day.

(2) Driver side powerseat control panel (plastic cover would keep popping off). Has been in once and it came back with the common "cant duplicate problem."

(3) rotors replaced because the were warped - at 20,000 miles.

(4) replaced front bushings (they rotted) and it took three dealer visits to fix this. The third time I had the Service Manager ride in the Jeep to experience the problem so I would not get teh common "cant duplicate problem."

(5) fan blower noise fixed twice.

(6) AC stopped working. Dealer fixed within a day.

(7) recall for brake sensor. Dealer fixed within a day.

(8) bad spare tire sensor. Dealer fixed within a day.

(9) there is a rattle that comes from the sun lights and middle seats.

(10) there is a constant snapping/clicking noise from the front dash - the dealer "cant duplicate problem."

(11) battery died at 22,000 miles. Dealer fixed within a day.
For a moment there, I thought I was hearing double... from my initial list. Heh, it's typical to have to deal w/ these kinks for new release models :(... round 1, we always take a hit!

·
Registered
164 Posts
1) Mystery problem with front defroster on hot and flashers turning on automatically - can't duplicate therefore, can't fix.
2) Recalls
3) Other than that, pretty solid.

·
Registered
213 Posts
1. My dealer had the whole front windshield replaced to fix the wind noise issue.

2. Starter motor died at about 32K miles - replaced under warranty.

3. Software update to fix the false "service 4wd" message

4. Need to have the safety recall software upgrade done for the brakes.

That's it so far...knock on wood.

·
Registered
456 Posts
1. Passenger side window regulator
2. Front Bushings rattle but "dealer cannot duplicate"
3. Possible sky light leaking, I have not experienced but passengers think they have... I dont know if I believe them. Anyone had this happen? I havent had wet seats or anything that why I dont believe them

So far so good I have about 25,000mi on her.

·
Registered
397 Posts
So far with my '07 Limited w/Hemi I had the recall regarding the brakes, less than an hour at the dealership including the oil change. Albeit that's only 5 months and 7500 miles later. I've been very happy with Jeep and my Commander. I do agree with 4.7commander on the tires though (and salute rubicontrails wisdom on replacing them even before he took delivery).

Now maybe a little schadenfreude will nudge this thread to happy Commander thoughts. This morning, standing in the icy rain with my kids waiting for the school bus, my neighbor with his brand new just off the lot BMW 535 opens the window poors out a styrofoam cup of water. Seems his windshield leaks or is it his sun roof? He can't seem to find it and he's on the way to the dealership...

·
Registered
154 Posts
wow..

were most of these problems with the '06s?

I am shopping for a Commander now and may eliminate 2006 models if this a problem...

Should I stick with an 07 or an 08?

sorry to hijack but I could not pass up this thread..

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RE: List of problems...

milkman said:
wow..

were most of these problems with the '06s?

I am shopping for a Commander now and may eliminate 2006 models if this a problem...

Should I stick with an 07 or an 08?

sorry to hijack but I could not pass up this thread..
It doesn't matter what make/model...first year release are almost always gonna have the first round of kinks. But that's what warranties are for anyways as well. Let them deal with it, and it should be fine afterwards.

·
Registered
59 Posts
1. front blown passanger speaker
2. Engine stalling (could not duplicate in 2 times to fix)
3. Wind noise (resealed and taken in 2 times to fix and still the same problem)
4. Water leaking through the dash. (Taken in 4 times to fix..unable to fix the problem)

P.S. Rear brakes squeeking + Thump noise when backing up

·
Registered
588 Posts
2007 Overland, 6,500 miles NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. Did take it in for the brake recall though I myself never noticed a problem. Done in minutes. Recently rear ended, NO DAMAGE whatsoever to my Commander, other vehicle, (japanese) needed new bumper. john

·
Registered
577 Posts
1) catalytic converters replaced (one was rattling badly at low rpms/ heavy load situation - no problem since)

2) window regulator, pass side recalibrated (not replaced - no problem since)

3) front sway bar bushings bad - dealer has not fixed after three visits, although they are visibly deteriorated. (am trying new dealer soon, or will just change them myself)

4) front diff shuddering - (needed mopar additive - no problem since)

On the next visit -
5) brake recall
6) sounds like an exhaust manifold leak
7) foglight lenses are cracking ( heat cracks, not from rocks, etc..)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Let's see....Kinked sunroof drain tube, Passenger side window regulator, software flash for premature ESP/TCS engagement...mine being an early (10/05) build 2006.....22k on it....runs like a champ in the snow!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, here it goes....

1.Windshield Noise (resealed windshield)
2.Airbag Light
3.ABS Light
4.Traction Control Light
5.Axle Seals (front)
6.Major Leak on Rt. Front Strut (replaced Strut)
7.Passenger Side window regulator (replaces 3 times so far)
8.Purge Valve (replaced twice)
9.Loose Snorkel
10. Fuses Blown
11.Front Speaker Morse Code Noise
12. Cd changer ate my cd's had to send in to chrysler to get them back
13. 3rd row seat seat belt malfunction
14. all electronics go out from time to time (of course dealer could not duplicate)

All of these problems in 40,000 miles!!!

Good news is that the dealership that sold me the commander is working with chrysler to get a lemon.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
1. Buzzing noise from dash. Fixed by dealer.
2. brake recall

That's it!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
1.drivers window needs to be fixed.
2. brake recall.
3. rusting roof at 600 miles.
but i only got 1000 miles so far

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
To many for me to list and it would probably give you tired head reading it. But I did learn something from all this. I will never in the history of ever buy another 1st year model. what I have read in this forum, the 2007 do not have near the problems the 2006 has. But I still love my Commander

·
Registered
512 Posts
Top dash pad not molded well from factory, replaced under warranty. No other problems to report. 2007 Sport.5500 miles.-43:D

1 - 20 of 83 Posts