Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of pics that [email protected] snapped while we were installing Little Evil's 2.25 RR lift.

Little Evil jr inspecting the strut before it goes back in...

Finished product.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Looks great! Sorry I forgot to tell you I could not find the install instructions. I looked but I got pretty busy before this past weekend.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
She looks a bit different today. I got the Spidertrax wheel spacers put on, so now she's sporting a wider stance. Cooper Discoverer STT 265/70R17 tires are due to be delivered tomorrow. Should have those installed Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Nice Evil. I'll get a closer look at JeepSkool.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries Adam.

From the installer side of it I really didn't like the RR kit. Of the 3-2" kits I've installed (Rock Krawler, Rough Country and Rocky Road) the front of the RR is the most time consuming to install. All of the rears take the same amount of time.

Nothing like a little lift to change the stance.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Those inside bolts on the strut spacer are tricky but we figured it out.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Those inside bolts on the strut spacer are tricky but we figured it out.
by tricky you mean a PAIN IN THE (CENSORED)! I have to remove my front struts soon to fix a squeak and add some leveling spacers. I purchased a set of spacers from Rob that are threaded. So I can avoid having to mess around with the bolts hanging in the spacers and then trying to hold the head of the bolt as I try to tighten the nut. Tightening the bolts on the front struts was the wost part of the RR lift install by far.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
We thought it might be easier to tack weld the bolt head to the bottom side of the strut, slide on the spacer, then install in the Jeep. That way, you would only need new bolts if you changed your struts.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Definitely helps to have a second set of hands.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe the directions actually say "have comfort in knowing that tightening these bolts can be done"

What the directions should have said is "Even though this is a pee poor design and we're to cheap to fix it now, so good luck and have patience"

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
"Take heart, it can be done."

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looks great Evil! Sorry I had to bail early but I needed to set up for Hallowindow and the guests we had staying over on the 31st. See you on Saturday!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
No problem! I got the new rubber installed this afternoon. I will have to work on getting the fender wells trimmed up by Saturday. Looking forward to wheeling with you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts