Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of you guys belong to a local jeep commander club where you live? I've been considering trying to start one up here in VEGAS since I see so many commanders roaming around.

I was thinking VEGASXK.COM but wanted to know how many of you guys have something like this locally before putting the time and effort into it.

Any feedback would be great, especially on how you got it rolling and how often you guys meet and if you guys do any kind of charity type stuff.

Thanks in advance....TESTA23

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
We kind of have an unofficial club in AZ but not structure.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
EC-XK is basically the same as the AZ club. Not too much structure yet but it would be nice to have it organized enought to do charity runs and that sort of thing. I try to get something together at least once a month. If you want to get things started you need to pick a date and a place to meet and try to get input on who will show up. For our first meeting I looked up any active member that lived in the NJ area and sent them a PM to invite them out.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Stickers and decals, you must have stickers and decals! lol

At least us EC-XK members have them, and yes, we are special.

·
Registered
175 Posts
you know i'm in. and i'm familiar with a lot of local spots to push our commanders to their limits or just have some nice family rides, which consist of me pushing my commanders limits as all of the families watch, including mine. don't get me wrong, i'm not wreckless, i just like to be able to see something and work my way around it. hence the broken hand from driving my rhino over fallen trees in utah. it was a good time though. sometimes thing's just break. and i got the dirty end of the stick on that one. lol

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Stickers and decals, you must have stickers and decals! lol

At least us EC-XK members have them, and yes, we are special.
I forgot about the stickers. Cancel my previous post, we have stickers so we are an official club! LOL

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I've only heard of the two mention above. I don't believe that there are any others. Well, none on this site.

·
Registered
175 Posts
not to mention i've seen more and more commander's on my side of town. i think i could hook up some sticker's testa. or better yet i could have something waterjet and powdercoated to display. food for thought

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
What are you going to call the club (Sin City XKs)?:pimp:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are you going to call the club (Sin City XKs)?:pimp:

thanks everyone for the respones. looks like Eugene The Jeep and myself have some work to do.

CrzCajun that name's pretty catchie, but i agree with Eugene have to keep it original. i was just thinking VEGASXK.com, but i'm sure the name will change over and over again.

i will def. keep everybody updated on our progress.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm in a Memphis, TN based Jeep club... it's not exclusively for Commanders, but a few of us have them...

www.midsouthjeeps.com is the site for the club.

thanks for posting that. i looked on the members list, but didn't see any XK's.

·
Registered
175 Posts
testa there's an event coming up next month, it's called the hump and bump. put on by vegas valley fourwheelers. it's an all weekend deal in logandale at the trails i told you about. they get a lot of vendors and various four wheel drives from the sema show out there. live music, rockcrawling, and too much to list. i'll post the website in here.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I've seen some other Commanders here is Missoula, but I've never seen anyone else on here from the area. I was sorely tempted today to drop a "www.jeepcommander.com" business card on one the Commanders I see regularly, but I didn't have any cards and thought that a piece of paper would just be tacky.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts