Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a locking gas door for the Commander? I see them out there for the Wrangler and Ram trucks, but not sure if there is one that will fit the Commander. Have the chrome/painted trim so would prefer a chrome or painted door over the black/rugged look. Need to order tonight or tomorrow if possible.

Any help appreciated. Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Does anyone make a locking gas door for the Commander? I see them out there for the Wrangler and Ram trucks, but not sure if there is one that will fit the Commander. Have the chrome/painted trim so would prefer a chrome or painted door over the black/rugged look. Need to order tonight or tomorrow if possible.

Any help appreciated. Thanks so much!
Locking gas caps for Commanders you can order right off of Amazon.

Locking gas doors I have not seen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping a locking gas door from another mopar vehicle would fit the same opening as our Commanders. I need this for actual locking purposes and not looks and the caps, from the reviews on amazon, are easy to get into. It's only plastic after all.

I don't mind drilling the car as I have a buddy that runs a body shop. Would something like this work as long as it was sealed around the edges and just removing the factory door?

Barricade Wrangler Locking Fuel Door - Chrome J100727 (07-16 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

Any other ideas for custom fitting one of these doors or maybe another mopar vehicle with the same size opening that they offer a locking metal door for?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I get that. As stated above, I was just curious if there was another Mopar vehicle where a locking door was offered. I can take the locking cap route, but was just checking if anyone knew of or had any other ideas to actually secure the gas tank in my vehicle.

Thanks so much for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts