Jeep Commander Forum banner

Lockpick in motion problems

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  onebirdyman 
#1 ·
Just got around to installing a mygig REN in my 07 with the lock pick adapter, everything seems to be working fine so far except for the dvd in motion. Before anybody says how dangerous it is to watch and drive I know, I know however I'm going on a seven hour trip to northern Illinois in a month and was hoping that I could entertain my 18 month old daughter with some cartoons seeing how in just a 30 min car ride she gets bored and its all HELL. I've tried resetting the lock pick and replugging nothing...someone on another site said to hold down the uconnect button for seven seconds.....nothing. I contacted coastaletech and since I purchased the device new from an ebay store and not from them there are less then helpful and stoped responding to my inquires. So my fellow commandos I know there are plenty on here with this upgrade PLEASE for my sanity and my daughters any THOUGHTS????

#3 ·
Every dip switch is up.....also tried a variety of combinations to no avail. Contacted Carlos at Coast E Tech and we concluded that the T harness or lock pick itself was malfunctioning. Trying to get Solid Signal to send me a new one to swap with this one but no answer yet.

#4 ·
Need your help

So after a long week of talking back and forth with Carlos at costal e tech and trying multiple lockpick devices were both stumped. We still cant get the inmotion to work as well as the rear camera. He's contacted the engineers on the matter and are working on finding a solution but for now nothing. According to Carlos our commanders are the only vehicals that they have had this problem with and in August they are flying into Minnesota for some conference and would like to meet up with me to run some tests on the jeep. Until then we would like some help from you guys. Anyone who has installed a mygig in a 2007 or newer with the lockpick adapter could you please check the functioning of your DVD inmotion as well as your rear camera. Even if you don't have one installed it should still try to pull up a blank screen when you place the jeep in reverse. The model were having trouble with is the REN however would like to hear from everyone regardless of the model. Thanks so much and hopefully we can get something figured out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.