Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my recent experience of losing most of my vehicles, I sincerely believe in having a hidden locator on them. I do not need to track them 24/7, but rather be able to locate them if they are stolen.

I do realize that Lojack is pretty much the standard, but I do also know that trucking companies have GPS systems that help them keep track of trucks.

I need five locators and maybe it is less expensive to use one of these systems.

Anybody have any experience with any of these solutions. I do not really want a monthly fee system but rather a pay to find it if it is lost system.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Lojack is only good IF the police enter your vehicle as stolen, this would not have helped you in the beginning. Other systems can track from your computer but are not used by Law Enforcement. It really depends on your desired result as too which system is better for your situation. Regardless of system, tell NOBODY what you installed or where it is located (lojack will not even tell you where theirs is).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Get the cheapest iphone and keep it connected to the battery in a port. Bury it in the car somewhere so it can't be seen. You can track it on line.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Get the cheapest iphone and keep it connected to the battery in a port. Bury it in the car somewhere so it can't be seen. You can track it on line.
Could probably do that with a cheap android too.

I have a high end Android on sprint and can track it if I loose it. I don't know the cost to do this for 5 vehicles. You could look into the family plan shared minutes ( I know, minutes are not the issue, but there is a minimum per phone per month). It might cost about $10/month/phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts