Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
haha, I saw this last night and almost posted it, but I figured someone else would...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I think its kinda funny. Brings back memories.

The repo agent gets a key code from the interested party aka bank which he is able to cut a key with using specialized software and of course usually key cutters. This key is just a plain old key blank no chips or anything on it unless the repo agent has allot of money to buy the key programmers and stock the blanks. Typically they just put up with the alarm and use the cheap blank so upfront costs of recovery are low. And then bill the bank if they don't receive the keys from the person whose checks got lost in the mail for the past 3 months.

The recovery system he used is a hidden sling which I am totally against for recovering newer model cars as it can seriously scratch your front. But the system is pretty slick. It folds into the bed of the truck and is virtually invisible until it is unfolded. However I do not like using them on newer vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AKFossil said:
I think its kinda funny. Brings back memories.

The repo agent gets a key code from the interested party aka bank which he is able to cut a key with using specialized software and of course usually key cutters. This key is just a plain old key blank no chips or anything on it unless the repo agent has allot of money to buy the key programmers and stock the blanks. Typically they just put up with the alarm and use the cheap blank so upfront costs of recovery are low. And then bill the bank if they don't receive the keys from the person whose checks got lost in the mail for the past 3 months.

The recovery system he used is a hidden sling which I am totally against for recovering newer model cars as it can seriously scratch your front. But the system is pretty slick. It folds into the bed of the truck and is virtually invisible until it is unfolded. However I do not like using them on newer vehicles.
ya for a better look at what it does to a cars bumper, look at his video with the "06 Chevy Impala" its gross...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I imagine the bank is willing to pay to fix the front end just to have the vehicle back, and they probley bill the customer for damages anyway.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I feel bad for the person that got it repo'd but it happens.

I was young and ignorant enough once to think if I got behind on my payments they would not find me. That was back when I was just a young married Coastie making 8K a year in 1988.

We've come a long way since then however.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I don't feel bad for them at all. Might be the best thing that can happen to them. Gotta pay to play.

I do feel bad that I watched a video of the horn honking for that long waiting for something interesting to happen though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts