Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone this is my 5th jeep, I have had CJs, TJs, and now an XK. I have had a growing passion for Overlanding and my father has a WJ that he is building into an overlanding vehicle. Our Commander Overland is primarily my wife's school bus but we are planning to change it from mall crawler to mountain conqueror over time. We just got a 2007 Jeep Commander Overland with 5.7L Hemi with 133000 miles and I believe it has a 2" spacer lift.

I am a builder/fabricator and tinkerer. I am a very big DIY person and look forward to pushing the limits down the road. I work with robots and welding and have built/played with my old 1985 Cj7 for the past 15ish years. This vehicle will take creature comforts, reliability, and road manners into account for any modification that I make. Unlike my old off road machine that wasn't really much of a daily driver.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Progress

Thanks BigBlue. I have been cleaning the inside and investigating behind panels for hidden areas to hide overlanding related gear and equipment. Since its my wife's school bus everything must function normal and be minimally invasive or modular to convert and transform for trips but then afterward have it be normal.

Projects will include
Dual Batteries
Raise Passenger seat
2000W inverter under passenger seat
Remove Jack storage area and build storage box for the area plus little cubby under rear seats
Roof rack panel with solar panels built in

Found area under large cup holder on driver side that I can put solar converter and fuse panel for interior accessories.

I will be removing all the seats in order to deep clean and will be researching areas under seats and potentially removing the center middle seat to install a fridge if I can find one short enough to be under the seat height when they are folded down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts