Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever figure out the mystery as to where, or who makes, longer brake lines for lifts?

I am a couple of weeks away from getting home so I am limited on my calling around ability.

If there is any mod I must have for my lift is longer brake lines.....

If you have a friend, or know someone who is making lines, I will pay to have some made. In fact this would be the most awesome route if I could get steel braided with Blue accents.

One of you out there knows something!!!!!

Who stole the can of strawberries!

Dave

·
Banned
13 Posts
I remember a company in Europe who did that. If memory serves me correctly it is called Venhill or something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder how the front lines on that rig are done. I can see making the longer mounting plate on the rear lines, but the front is the hard tube and shorter flexible lines.

At full droop my front lines are dangerously tight, I know the strut will not let it drop any further, and I want to have some slack for just in case.

When I get home later this month I am going to buy a new line and walk it to a shop to see what can be done for extensions. You would think my first easy fix could be just making an extension from the hard line, say about 4-5" of tubing that the original flexible portion will just connect to.

That will look frankenstien-ish until I can find something that looks a lot better. Having the big lift means everything can be seen, I do not want to look half done after all this work and quality parts.

Dave

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I wonder how the front lines on that rig are done. I can see making the longer mounting plate on the rear lines, but the front is the hard tube and shorter flexible lines.

At full droop my front lines are dangerously tight, I know the strut will not let it drop any further, and I want to have some slack for just in case.

When I get home later this month I am going to buy a new line and walk it to a shop to see what can be done for extensions. You would think my first easy fix could be just making an extension from the hard line, say about 4-5" of tubing that the original flexible portion will just connect to.

That will look frankenstien-ish until I can find something that looks a lot better. Having the big lift means everything can be seen, I do not want to look half done after all this work and quality parts.

Dave
Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 153 - JeepForum.com

Found it:

He got em from Chris @ Crawl Offroad. I don't see it on his site, but maybe you can get a hold of him.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I will try to get a hold of him, need to anyways to get an update on when he will be starting on the Commander bumpers also.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts