Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Hopefully 2006 5.7 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not currently own a Commander, but have had a 2002 Grand Cherokee 4.0L 4x4 since new.

Going to look at a Commander today150+ k miles, at a small dealer (18 cars in Inventory).

Been reading on this forum for a few days, and joined yesterday. I am hoping the previous owner was a member here.

If you know this car, and any history, please let me know of any big problems before I pull the trigger. Any infor is apprciated!

VIN 1J8HG58226C285494 Looked up recall history, and they have been done, except the ignition switch (P41)

Thank you!

·
Registered
Hopefully 2006 5.7 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It had already sold. Still looking for a Hemi 4x4....

·
Registered
Hopefully 2006 5.7 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a black 2006 Hemi 4x4 Limited close to home with 108k miles. Was a trade-in. The former owner's insurance card, as well as a few items, were in the car so I drove by, returned the items, and met the former owners and got a rundown on the car and service needed (none). Happy camper!

·
Registered
Hopefully 2006 5.7 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The former owners told me of leaks typical of sunroof drain leaks (our 2003 VW wagons did the same thing), so I fixed those today with weedwhacker line and trimming the ends (nipples) so water and gunk can get out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts