Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is on the hunt for a SUV and found the Commanders. She found 2 she likes, but my main concern is they are the v6 base models.
1 is a 06 with 120K miles on it. Has leather, dvd, sunroof, rear moonroofs, rear ac, fog lights, They are asking 8995 but will go down to 8750

#2 is a 07 with 86K miles on it. No fog lights, cloth interior, pretty much stripped down to nothing.

How are the V6's in this things, are they underpowered because of the weight of the SUV. Also we have 6 kids ages 8,7,4,3,1, and 5 months...Will they all be ok or will it be a tight fit for them all in it? What kind of problems should I look for when going to test drive and look at them and what kind of gas mileage will it get with the V6. I guess the good thing is that we don't really tow anything at all so the V6 might work

·
Registered
405 Posts
I test drove a v6 when I was looking at first but to me it felt under powered, that is just my opinion might want to look for atleast a 4.7. well it sits five on the back 3 in the secound tow and 2 on the third row so you might not be able to fit ur 6 kids and 2 adults. Specialy with car seats.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts