Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an '06 that, regrettably, ran into a puddle deeper than it should have been. Totaled out by insurance company much to my dismay.

Now, I could downsize and go get a Wrangler or something like that, but damnit, I loved my XK, it's terrible MPG, luxury, and want to try again. Maybe not right this second, but sometime in the next couple months.

So, if you see a Commander out there that is a great deal and fits the criteria listed, let me know!

I'm in the Seattle/Tacoma area... so, the further away from that it is, the better the deal would have to be!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suppose it would be nice if I had read the sticky first and put "WTB" in front of my request. If the mods could add that in there, I would appreciate it! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I'm still in the market for a newer model XK. I thought I might like a newer Wrangler and I can afford to downsize a bit, so a friend is letting me borrow one for the next week or so. So far, not impressed with the 2010 Unlimited Wrangler 4-door. It feels cramped and gutless (3.8 V6). Even my wife's 2005 Wrangler Unlimited 2-door seems to have a better power to weight ratio. But comparing either of them to my 5.7 HEMI V8 and AWD is laughable.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you are going to get a wrangler you need to get the 2012 or 2013. It has the new 3.6 liter with 285 HP / 260 TQ. The one you test drove with the 3.8 liter only has 202 HP / 237 TQ

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind and I'll go check out the newer models, but unless they can give me that "don't have to worry about getting out into traffic" feeling I had before, I'll be leaning towards another Commander.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a side note - and probably off topic, but oh well - how is your snorkel working out for you? Any issues? My next Jeep will have a snorkel so I can go avenge my first XK by diving through the pit that sent it to Davy Jones' locker.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The snorkel is awesome. No issues what so ever. It's nice knowing I don't have to worry about going in water that's to deep.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any photos of the snorkel on here or elsewhere? Or videos? I found some videos on YouTube of your Jeep, but they didn't have the snorkel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.