Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi community,

I am Stefan, dad of 2 kids - soon to be 3. I live in sweden, stockholm but travel alot to our cabin on Gotland, an beautiful island outside stockholm perfect for a jeep. I currently own a jeep cherokee but me and my girlfriend realized we need something bigger, so I am looking for a commander...

I have already been using this forum for a while, learning a lot. Hopefully I will be able to ask a couple of questions soon 0:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I made the exact same move you're considering...no kids, yet. But I wanted something with more room, a little more practical, better towing/hauling capacity, etc. I've had 3 XJs, and loved all of them. Still would love to have one again as a toy....
You get all the creature comforts of the Grand Cherokee with much less of the "fancy"; so it still has that rugged, boxy appeal that the XJs are known for, ha.

There's another current thread in the New Member's section about that's got some great posts on what's out there for options and what to avoid, check into it if you haven't already! --- https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/73517-looking-purchase-commander.html#post534247

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hi community,

I am Stefan, dad of 2 kids - soon to be 3. I live in sweden, stockholm but travel alot to our cabin on Gotland, an beautiful island outside stockholm perfect for a jeep. I currently own a jeep cherokee but me and my girlfriend realized we need something bigger, so I am looking for a commander...

I have already been using this forum for a while, learning a lot. Hopefully I will be able to ask a couple of questions soon 0:)
Welcome to the forum; Pretty much everything you need to know when looking to buy a Commander is in the thread below;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/56546-looking-buy.html

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sold my Volkswagon and bought my Commander after my second child was born. I realized afterwards that you must choose between either having a "less-than-functional" third row of seating (that no normal sized human can fit into) or a handsome amount of cargo space.

Needless to say I have yet to use the third row, and its been over two years. That aside, I like this vehicle a lot. I have a 5.7, so I haven't experienced what other owners call the highly underpowered V6. Quite honestly I can imagine the 5200 behemoth getting anywhere with only 6 cylinders.

The vehicle handles extremely well, on and off the road.

check your VIN for recalls post purchase, there's been quite a few.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Awesome!

We have both, an XK and a WK2, though the XK is simply a recreational vehicle. I love the XK...except it's less than stellar fuel economy and the need to wear knee guards getting into the vehicle lol.

Honestly, there many other options out there that could suit your needs; however, based on price and its basic capabilities, the XK is one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want a big Jeep, the Commander is definitely the biggest Jeep ever made. My XK does similar duty, rides myself, my wife and our four kids--soon to be five.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
If you want a big Jeep, the Commander is definitely the biggest Jeep ever made. My XK does similar duty, rides myself, my wife and our four kids--soon to be five.
Wow....that's quite a load....congrats on #5 @HyperionAlpha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts