Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. So I just ordered a 2" Rocky-Road Lift Kit, and I'm looking around for some A/T maybe M/T tires. I just need something that will last me a while, and that I can use in the city but I can also bring up into the mountains and have a little fun with. I have a budget of $900 and they HAVE TO be 265-70-17's. Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I just purchased LT 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2 for $800 CAD (4 for 3 deal) - aggressive looking, nice tread pattern and good reviews. I am interested how they will handle in the snow, soon will find out, that is a couple pf month away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go to tirerack.com they have the best prices on tires.. I have the BFG A/T KO's and are a great looking tire, they cake up a bit in mud but havent given me a problem yet. If I were going with an A/T Id do the General AT2s as well, they had better ratings and are much cheaper, think $600 gets you 4 of tr.com. Im going to the Goodyear MTRs soon but are alil more than $900

·
Registered
392 Posts
There are a lot of good A/T tires in the size you are looking for. Along with the General Grabber AT2 take a look at the Falken Rocky Mountain. This is a smooth riding tire that is very capable off road.

Here is a link to all the tires in the size you are looking for.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/filterTireProducts.do?cs=265&ar=70&rd=17&counter=1&sw=false&fcb=*&fcpr=*&fcsr=*&fclr=*&x=36&y=5

Our shipping is FREE to the lower 48 United States and Canada.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree that the Falkens (Rocky Mountain, or Wild Peak) which are the exact same tire are good. I am riding those now. I also really liked my previous tire which was the Firestone Destination AT. I got better gas mileage with those. But both work great on road and tear it up when off road. Ive yet to get stuck with either tire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I really like the BF Goodrich All Terrains but I don't think I can spend $968 haha my budget is really tight. I'm still in high school so not a heavy income!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Income plays a big part and might be why nobody has mentioned Duratracs yet. After the CHP put them on their Expeditions and the Sheriffs put them on Tahoes friends have them on 3 Wranglers, another Tahoe, Cherokee, and two rams. I just got them and love them. Even more than the Mt/r with kevlar!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts